Garage Band and "protected files"

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
I tried using garage band and get this prompt telling me that protected files can not be converted with aac?
All of my music is from iTunes or my own cd's. Why can't they be converted with garage band or the other way in the 1.1.2 update.

PS i am importing songs through aac in iTunes, should I be using Apple Lossless or some other seting when I put songs into iTunes?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I tried using garage band and get this prompt telling me that protected files can not be converted with aac?
All of my music is from iTunes or my own cd's. Why can't they be converted with garage band or the other way in the 1.1.2 update.

PS i am importing songs through aac in iTunes, should I be using Apple Lossless or some other seting when I put songs into iTunes?

What I do is play the song and record it in my soundforge program, then do what I want.

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
What I do is play the song and record it in my soundforge program, then do what I want.
"soundforge" ?
Do I need to jailbrake for that? So far I have been afraid to modify the phone. It seems others have been doing it with the 2 methods I've tried without difficulty. Just not sure why mine won't.
Thanks

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
"soundforge" ?
Do I need to jailbrake for that? So far I have been afraid to modify the phone. It seems others have been doing it with the 2 methods I've tried without difficulty. Just not sure why mine won't.
Thanks
No that software is on your computer. You record it on your computer and then use for what ever your need is such as ringtones, then import into iTunes to put in the ringtones folder.