Gazelle iPhone Offer

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by topcat84, Aug 18, 2014.

1. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Everyone!!
    I just got an email from Gazelle, who I've sold iPhones to before, offering me $205 for my AT&T 64GB iPhone 5 that is in flawless condition. As usual, they'll allow me to wait until October 10th before sending it in after I've purchased my iPhone 6. Sounds low to me and I know I could use eBay or CL, but I really don't want to go to that much trouble. Advice? Thanks in advance!! Cheers!!

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

You nailed it. It's a matter of convenience. You can sign up now and not worry about selling until you crack the plastic on your iPhone 6. On the flip side, you can manage the sale yourself, you'll get a greater return. Craigslist offers zero fees, but can be filled with crazies and low-ball offers. eBay will fetch decent value, but that value gets diminished quite a bit by the fees. There is also the concern that someone reneges or claims damage or non-receipt.

I like Craigslist. I weed out the low-ball offers by countering with zero movement. When someone is interested, I setup a local meeting place. By local, a place near me, usually a Starbucks. I've had good luck with my phone sales. I once sold a camera which was a hassle. Apparently, I forgot to include a USB cable and he texted, called until I sent one. It's not that I was scamming him. Honestly, I forgot it and thought it shouldn't be a big deal. I ended up ordering one from Amazon and shipping it for $6.

People will pay for 64GB. You've got that in your favor too.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have sold my iPhones on eBay and have gotten a nice return to buy new iPhone even after fees and shipping.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Gazelle will buy your phone from you for less than it's worth and then put it up on eBay and get the actual value. It's up to you if you want actual value or the convenience of selling to an online pawn shop.

I go through Craigslist and meet at local store. It's incredibly easy to weed out the scammers and ignore the lowball offers. My 4S sold in one hour and it only took ten minutes to set up the account and post the sale. It turned out be faster and easier than Gazelle would have been and I made more than they would have given me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks for the advice guys!! I realize I could get more from eBay or CL...........I just don't really want to go through the process. I suppose I was just wondering if Gazelle might be the best of these types of services, if that's the direction I choose. Thanks again for the replies!! Cheers!!

6. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I'll pay that for my daughter or myself and sell my 16 ... Being serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. koko

koko New Member

i like this idea, I would plan to do the same thing

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I read a few days ago that say your phone for some reason doesn't sell on eBay or it doesn't reach your set amount you want it to reach in auction, your reserve. eBay will give you $100.

9. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

If your on verizon I read they are giving $200 gift cards when u trade your old iPhone in on the 6. Might be more convenient than gazelle. Haven't seen anything on their website about it though. I plan to sell mine and the wifeys on eBay. That worked out great 2 years ago with my 4's. I just gotta wait til nov to upgrade..

Sent using iCafe app

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I think I may sell mine again on eBay as well. I saw a perfect same iPhone 5 16GB AT&T go for $275 the other day.