GBA emulator help

Nov 16, 2007
Hey. Im having trouble with the GBA emulator. I have a list of ROMS that i can download and none of them work that i have tried downloading. I do have the GBA BIOS file installed. Any ideas?
help would be very appreciated

Dec 9, 2007
What kind of error are you getting? Also, what firmware and jailbreak method did you use?

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Once the topic creator gets his questions answered, I had one of my own. How do you save in the GBA emulator. In the NES one, when you go back to the ROM screen, it asks if you want to save, but I see no such option here. I was playing Matroid Fusion up to the first save point, and I saved in game. When I backed out, there was no save. Thanks in advance.

Nov 16, 2007
im not really getting an error. it just flashes some symbols (possibly the buttons like the D-pad and such) for about a second then goes back to installer.app. i used the 1 touch ijailbreak program, similar to ziPhone. and im on 1.1.3 firmware

Dec 9, 2007
im not really getting an error. it just flashes some symbols (possibly the buttons like the D-pad and such) for about a second then goes back to installer.app. i used the 1 touch ijailbreak program, similar to ziPhone. and im on 1.1.3 firmware
Go to the link that hydro provided. Did you do the things listed in that post?

Hydro,
I can't seem to save games in GBA either. Before, you could tap the Menu button and create a save point, but they no longer show up in the Save folder. Wonder if 1.1.3 broke it.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Hi, I hate to double post so I'll just link to the one I made in Tinman's Easy Jailbreak thread.

A little deeper in, you'll also find an iPhysics fix if you use that app at all also.

Additionally, if you get a black screen and some really odd looking white text on the top of your screen, its because you don't have the GBA bios file thats required to run the emulator. A simple google search gba_bios.bin will sort things out. Drop that file into your /Applications/gpsphone.app folder and you're all set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2007
thats not my problem. It does see the ROMS. But it shows white symbols which someone said above is the GBA BIOS not installed but i did everything through a website that i added to the sources which was gbarepo or something like that and in the package theres something called "GBA BIOS" and i installed that. But im still having that problem any ideas?

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Go to the link that hydro provided. Did you do the things listed in that post?

Hydro,
I can't seem to save games in GBA either. Before, you could tap the Menu button and create a save point, but they no longer show up in the Save folder. Wonder if 1.1.3 broke it.
Yeah its very possible. Hopefully a new version or some help will show up. Guess we'll have to play strictly puzzle games for now. Sucks too, because it seems to run most games really well.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
thats not my problem. It does see the ROMS. But it shows white symbols which someone said above is the GBA BIOS not installed but i did everything through a website that i added to the sources which was gbarepo or something like that and in the package theres something called "GBA BIOS" and i installed that. But im still having that problem any ideas?
Was it a .bin file? Also, where exactly did you install it?

Nov 16, 2007
it wasn't through the computer at all i found a source that you can add from youtube so i added it and it came with all the stuff and no it was not a .bin file. it just says GBA BIOS 1.0 and it was put in the section in installer.app called "BIOS" if i need to install the .bin file could someone explain how please. oh and i know this is off topic for this thread but my wifi does not work. It says it is connected to my network but it defaults to edge and wont use the wifi. and help for that would be great too. Sorry im kind of a noob when it comes to this jailbreak stuff. i just did it the first time a couple days ago

Nov 16, 2007
correction it was not from youtube but i discovered the source in a youtube video. sorry about that

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
that could be the problem right there. Go to the iPhone Modifications forum and go to page 2. Find the thread I started called "has anyone gotten the GBA ROMS to work on the GBA emulator?" Read through that and follow Enigmatic's instructions. You need to google a download for gba_bios.bin and drop that in I believe VAR/mobile/applications. Check that thread to be sure.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Also, whatever you did before I would try to undo. I would try to locate and delete whatever files were put on there first, just in case.

Nov 16, 2007
i might have missed it but do i download the terminal app for the iPhone and do it there or do somehow i connect my phone to my comp with SSH or something and do it in the terminal on the mac. And people are mentioning moving files around. How do you do this on the iPhone. again sorry for my ignorance lol

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
with the mention of Mac, that's out of my territory as I have a PC. But yes, like the PC (which I use WinSCP), there is a program you need that is similar to an FTP server. I think iFuntastic might be one but not sure on the Mac side, but once installed it allows you to access your phone and the various folders in it.

Before you move on, do a search for that access as you will need it to continue, I think. Again, knowing you're on a Mac means that what I said may be wrong so if someone else chimes in with better info, listen to them :)

Oct 21, 2009
Gameboy image problem

Hi, I hate to double post so I'll just link to the one I made in Tinman's Easy Jailbreak thread.

A little deeper in, you'll also find an iPhysics fix if you use that app at all also.

Additionally, if you get a black screen and some really odd looking white text on the top of your screen, its because you don't have the GBA bios file thats required to run the emulator. A simple google search gba_bios.bin will sort things out. Drop that file into your /Applications/gpsphone.app folder and you're all set.
I have a similar problem in that when I start my gpSphone GBA emulator it says it can't run the ROM because it doesn't have a gameboy advance image to run......and that when I get one to name it gba_bios.bin

Now I have downloaded a GBA BIOS from cydia, but that hasn't fixed the problem and I am still not finding a link for install when I google search gba_bios.bin.

Can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator: