GBA emulator

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
Anyone catch that this is out now in Installer? I've yet to try it but was wondering if anyone had. This just makes me giddy with glee. It's also a very promising sign of things to come or at least I hope it is!

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I played Mario Kart and Zelda on it but it's pretty buggy. Hopefully they can fix everything so it runs smooth.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I "played" Antz Extreme Racing. It flickered like hell, barely loaded, but was at least proof-of-concept that this app might lead somewhere. Whether that happens, or this turns into another iPhone Doom, remains to be seen.

--
Mike

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Mario Kart and Tekken Advance plays fairly well. I don't get the flicker or green lines some have spoke of. But the problem is the controls, difficult to turn quickly on Mario Kart. BTW, I'm on iPhone 1.0.2.

Last edited by a moderator:

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Someone made a skin, hopefully the emu creator will incorporate this. Then it would look really cool. :laugh2:

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
ok i transferred the gba roms to var/root/media/ROMs/GBA, when i go into the gba emulator no games pop up, i select "load new game" and nothing, am i doing something wrong? please help

avhenig

Nov 12, 2007
gsphone step by step

1. Install it from installer.app (under games)
2. Install fugu on your computer
3. search gba_bios.bin on google and click on the first result
4. Go to settings on your iPhone, then general, auto lock and set it to never
5. Go to settings, wifi, click on the blue arrow next to the wifi service your using then write down the ip address
6. Open fugu and do the following:
Put in your iPhones ip address, for username write root, press connect, then wait a little while, then for password put in alpine
7. At the to click on the hard drive sign then go to applications/gsphone and drag the gba_bios.bin file into it
8. Download roms from romsite.net
9. Then create a folder under media called Roms the on named gba
10. Put the roma into gba folder through fugu
11. Then open the emulator, press the start button, use d pad to go to load new game and use the b button (which is a), make sure the 2 dots are highliged in white then press b, and then the 2 dots again, then select VAR, then root, then roms, then gba, the use the d pad sideways to choose your game, then select it by pressing b
12. Then play your game! The buttons are kinds messed up (like b is a) but just figure them out yourself

Have fun!

brent

Nov 12, 2007
5. Go to settings, wifi, click on the blue arrow next to the wifi service your using then write down the ip address
Put in your iPhones ip address, for username write root, press connect, then wait a little while, then for password put in alpine
7. At the to click on the hard drive sign then go to applications/gsphone and drag the gba_bios.bin file into it
8. Download roms from romsite.net
11. Then open the emulator, press the start button, use d pad to go to load new game and use the b button (which is a), make sure the 2 dots are highliged in white then press b, and then the 2 dots again, then select VAR, then root, then roms, then gba, the use the d pad sideways to choose your game, then select it by pressing b
12. Then play your game! The buttons are kinds messed up (like b is a) but just figure them out yourself

Have fun!
THANKS, I was about to ask how to do all this.

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
8. Download roms from blank

Have fun!
Note: I'd be careful about posting sites with ROMs on them as it's illegal so for future references, don't post the addresses as that can get this site in legal hot water as well as the site you're referencing to. Just thought I'd let you know ;)

Oh, and it might not be a bad idea to edit your post and remove that site.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Version 0.0.5 is out now! This is a major upgrade and the layout is now similar to the NES app. They fixed most of the bugs. Sound works now too!

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
Version 0.0.5 is out now! This is a major upgrade and the layout is now similar to the NES app. They fixed most of the bugs. Sound works now too!

Just upgraded to that, but when i hit the right D button it seems to hit B and B does nothing.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
yes B button still doesn't do anything... but this new version is leaps and bounds better than the version I had yesterday

Jul 21, 2007
I can't seem to get this app. to work.

I've got it installed right. Got the bios, ROMs in the right place.

I open the app. and select a ROM.

This takes me to the emulator but the screen is black. I press buttons but nothing ever happens.

Thoughts?

kian

Nov 12, 2007
It's nice that it got a gui enhancement and sound but the frame rate is really bad in most games to the point it's not playable yet. But I hope it gets better because it would rock.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Well I found a site but I have no idea what correct file extension is. These ones download as a .z7 file extension. I really don't think that is right ... What file extension should I have?

kian

Nov 12, 2007
Well I found a site but I have no idea what correct file extension is. These ones download as a .z7 file extension. I really don't think that is right ... What file extension should I have?
7z is like a zip file. You have to extract it with a program like 7zip. I think even winrar or winzip can extract it too.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Ohh I see i have a Mac so ill have to find some program to use on this ... does the program you said 7zip work for mac or is it pc only?

kian

Nov 12, 2007
Ohh I see i have a Mac so ill have to find some program to use on this ... does the program you said 7zip work for mac or is it pc only?
7zip is pc only. I think StuffIt might be able to extract it.