GBA Emulator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I did not see a posting of this, sorry if there is one

I noticed there is a GBA (gameboy advanced) emulator, which is AWESOME, one problem is when i put the games in there (like the NES emulator) but then it says i Need a BIOS, how do I put a bios in the folder in order to run these games and where can I obtain one?

Thanks

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
LOL. You two are funny. "emadulator"? Go to Installer on your phone, if you have it. It's called "gpSPhone" (for some reason). Here are directions I got from another post

1. Install it from installer.app (under games)
2. Install fugu on your computer
3. search gba_bios.bin on google and click on the first result
4. Go to settings on your iPhone, then general, auto lock and set it to never
5. Go to settings, wifi, click on the blue arrow next to the wifi service your using then write down the ip address
6. Open fugu and do the following:
Put in your iPhones ip address, for username write root, press connect, then wait a little while, then for password put in alpine
7. At the to click on the hard drive sign then go to applications/gsphone and drag the gba_bios.bin file into it
8. Download roms from romsite.net
9. Then create a folder under media called Roms the on named gba
10. Put the roma into gba folder through fugu
11. Then open the emulator, press the start button, use d pad to go to load new game and use the b button (which is a), make sure the 2 dots are highliged in white then press b, and then the 2 dots again, then select VAR, then root, then roms, then gba, the use the d pad sideways to choose your game, then select it by pressing b
12. Then play your game! The buttons are kinds messed up (like b is a) but just figure them out yourself

Have fun!

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
ok gba emulator just updated, I downlaoded new version, you no longer need to do that step with the gba_bios.bin

Although it froze my iPhone my first time loading a game..

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
edit: and everytime I tried after, anyone else used this software successfuly?
Remember that step you thought you didn't have to do anymore? Well you still have to do it. Without a valid copy of gba_bios.bin placed in the game's folder it won't--can't--work.

--
Mike

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
so how do i do it then? like i said that FUGU is a mac only ap isn't it? if it isn't, then I don't have a software to run it, its an unrecognized file type

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
so how do i do it then? like i said that FUGU is a mac only ap isn't it? if it isn't, then I don't have a software to run it, its an unrecognized file type
Assuming you can't use SSH/SCP, download iShare from Installer, upload the file on your Mac using SendSpace.com, then download it to your iPhone using iShare--placing it in /Applications/gpSPhone.app.

--
Mike

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
This program is available via installer. No need for ibrickr (except for ROMs.)
Not true - you can upload GBA ROMs to SendSpace via your Mac or PC, then download them to your phone via iShare. Even on edge, it only took about 4 min. to download a 4MB GBA ROM. Not too bad...

Jul 21, 2007
Not true - you can upload GBA ROMs to SendSpace via your Mac or PC, then download them to your phone via iShare. Even on edge, it only took about 4 min. to download a 4MB GBA ROM. Not too bad...
I wasn't implying the only way to get ROMs onto the phone was via iBrickr.

What I WAS implying was that iBrickr is not the ONLY way to install the app.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I wasn't implying the only way to get ROMs onto the phone was via iBrickr.

What I WAS implying was that iBrickr is not the ONLY way to install the app.
Why would you think anyone thought iBrickr was the only way to install files? I didn't get that impression.

--
Mike

Jul 21, 2007
Why would you think anyone thought iBrickr was the only way to install files? I didn't get that impression.

--
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by colombianito
get iBrickr

i just tried it with ibrickr, browsed applications, a bunch of applications were on there (most I don't even have) but no gpsphone ap.

Last edited by a moderator: