gbsphone

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
can someone tell me y game boy color games wont play ? i have a gba on my pc and it playes then, so y is this one diff ? can someone make it so it can ?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
can someone tell me y game boy color games wont play ? i have a gba on my pc and it playes then, so y is this one diff ? can someone make it so it can ?
The original GBA also has a GB motherboard in it, to play the older games. On your PC, both CPUs are emulated to compensate for this.

The iPhone version only emulates the actual GBA cpu, not the one for GB.

To play GB games, you need to put them in a GBA wrapper that basically acts as its own emulator-inside-of-an-emulator. These are hit and miss, I have not gotten any of my converted GB/GBC games to work, however others have reported success on Zodttd's forum.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
The original GBA also has a GB motherboard in it, to play the older games. On your PC, both CPUs are emulated to compensate for this.

The iPhone version only emulates the actual GBA cpu, not the one for GB.

To play GB games, you need to put them in a GBA wrapper that basically acts as its own emulator-inside-of-an-emulator. These are hit and miss, I have not gotten any of my converted GB/GBC games to work, however others have reported success on Zodttd's forum.
so i should go to that site and see what they did ?
ill give it a shot lol

thanks

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah, it couldn't hurt. Just make a post asking how to play GB on the emulator and one of the regulars will pop up with an answer. You'll have to do some digging on the net for the wrappers (goomba if i recall) they're pretty old now.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i got the gameboy color logo to pop up, but i wonder if i will need to put in a gbc bios....im having a hard time finding that lol
but im workin

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
i got the gameboy color logo to pop up, but i wonder if i will need to put in a gbc bios....im having a hard time finding that lol
but im workin
Good question, I didn't consider that when I had tried.

Let me know how it goes, I'd really like to get all my GB Picross games on my iPhone :)