gen1 jack to mini-jack adapter

raxelsen

Bronze
Nov 16, 2008
Dublin
www.moneymadeonline.ws
I could not find any previous post about this, but if there is please redirect me.

One of the things that annoys me the most with my gen1 iPhone is the jack input. The fact that the input for the jack has miniature hole/grope encasing it, which makes it impossible to use any other headphones than the ones purpose-built for iPhone gen1.

Does anyone know if there is any adapter or converter for this on the market? I would love to have a little cable with "gen1 iPhone jack" to "standard mini-jack" capabilities.

If this is not on the market, does anyone have a DYI workaround?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Sweet! That's exactly what I am looking for. It can be used with the gen1 iPhone aswell, yes?
Great. When I had my V1, this is what I used. It doesn't stick up that much and you really don't know it is there. May be a little price, but well worth it.

raxelsen

Bronze
Nov 16, 2008
Dublin
www.moneymadeonline.ws
Yeah, it looks quite neat and small. Just the way I like adapters to be, no uneeded extra cable.

I just came across a review for other adapters, but they seem to be more pricey and with the speaker function, which is not what I am looking for at the moment. Maybe someone else will find it useful, so here is the link:
http://www.macworld.com/article/132284/2008/02/iPhone_adapters.html

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
With many headphones, you can use a knife and trim away a small ring of the rubber coating at the base of the headphone plug. This usually allows you to use them without an adapter on the V1 iPhone.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
With many headphones, you can use a knife and trim away a small ring of the rubber coating at the base of the headphone plug. This usually allows you to use them without an adapter on the V1 iPhone.
Not something I would want to do with $100 headphones.:p