General questions for Mac users

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
OK so when I first got my iPhone i was a linux user so i know how to do everything with it on linux. Yesterday I bought a mac book and ive run into really only two problems. 1. what can i use to edit my mp3s so that i can use itoner to put my ringtones on. right now it just sticks the entire mp3 on there. 2. how can i mount my iPhone so that I can get into the filesystem. I use a progrom the the installer called istudy. i have a lot of crap to memorize. but i have to put text files in a specific folder. thanks in advance.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
1. a program called audacity

2. What was easiest for me was to download an ssh program through installer and just ssh into the iPhone. You can also use a program called iFuntastic.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
funny, i used audacity on linux, didn't know it was for mac too though :) im going to give this ifuntastic a try i always hated doing the ssh on linux.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
hmmm seems to me that you cant use ifuntastic with a jailbroken iPhone. what is the deal with this program? can i use any of the 3rd party apps that i use with my jailbroken fun with ifuntastic? or do they just have their own set of apps?