General questions from a new owner

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jyurong

Sep 17, 2007
I have a couple of general questions from a new owner. I lost my old razr a few days ago and upgraded to the iPhone today. Anyway, here is a short list of questions:

1. Can I watch streaming video in Windows media format? So far when I have tried a small blue looking box shows up in the middle of where the video should be and nothing happens.

2. If I use WIFI to connect is web browsing faster? (I havn't been able to get out to check it yet)

3. Anyway to get around using iTunes to transfer music files?

4. If I have to use iTunes, can I use more than one computer to sync?

BTW, I have never owned an Apple/ipod product before.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I have a couple of general questions from a new owner. I lost my old razr a few days ago and upgraded to the iPhone today. Anyway, here is a short list of questions:

1. Can I watch streaming video in Windows media format? So far when I have tried a small blue looking box shows up in the middle of where the video should be and nothing happens.
No. If they are hosted at google video you can watch them.

2. If I use WIFI to connect is web browsing faster? (I havn't been able to get out to check it yet)
Yes

No
No
You are going to love it!

jyurong

Sep 17, 2007
Wow, thanks for the fast response. How about ringtones? Can I use the songs I upload to the "ipod" portion as a ringtone? and if so how?

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
no you can buy certain songs on iTunes, 99 cents, and make them into ringtones, another 99 cents (unless you get iPhoneringtonemaker which is 10 bucks and lets you take any mp3 and make it a ringtone)

jyurong

Sep 17, 2007
I don't have the guts to hack this much of an investment this early in the game. I went ahead and downloaded the trial software of iPhoneringtonemaker, likes it a lot, and went ahead and purchased it.

Thanks fro everyones help!

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK

first off, download all your music from frostwire, Drag and drop into your playlist in iTunes. Secondly, download ibrickr, then download installer. two good programs. Go to www.ibrickr.com. It will walk you through step by step. Very good programs.