Genius Bar appointment.......:-(

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
(Quote:
Originally Posted by powersrus
I'm wondering if they would replace my sons iPhone. His vibrate/on/off switch isn't working properly. He can have it set to vibrate but it will switch back and forth on its on and that causes problems...)

(So I have an appointment at 5:00 Monday to take in my sons iPhone..one problem is mentioned above. The other ones are he has very bad signal and say he's on the internet and all of a sudden the iPhone will start to reboot.)

Okay, so I drove 1hr and 45mins. to get to the Apple Store. Got there went in to appointment wasn't with the guy but for no more than 5mins....no wasn't even 5mins. He reset the Reset All Settings tab..said if you have anymore problems let us know.....Wait..WHAT?...that's it....I told him that wasn't gonna fix the vibrate/ringing thingy problem....then he goes.. yeah but we don't have any here to do a replacement for you.....soo..the warranty is up on June 29 so course he wanted to sell me a Apple Care pack, with which I said no to. Anyway he then said well if you KEEP having problems with that in the next week just bring it back...., we might have some by then...

That's my story any thoughts or comments............

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I would call the 800 Apple number, because they have to have refurb stock if a phone is still under warranty. Maybe you will get farther with them. They will immediately send out a lender iPhone until they fix or replace.
I can't see them trading it for a 3g if it comes out next week because it is rumored that the 3g may have a different phone plan. But what do I know?
I think if you are still having problems and he needs a phone right away I would try the 800 number.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
(Quote:
Originally Posted by powersrus
I'm wondering if they would replace my sons iPhone. His vibrate/on/off switch isn't working properly. He can have it set to vibrate but it will switch back and forth on its on and that causes problems...)

(So I have an appointment at 5:00 Monday to take in my sons iPhone..one problem is mentioned above. The other ones are he has very bad signal and say he's on the internet and all of a sudden the iPhone will start to reboot.)

Okay, so I drove 1hr and 45mins. to get to the Apple Store. Got there went in to appointment wasn't with the guy but for no more than 5mins....no wasn't even 5mins. He reset the Reset All Settings tab..said if you have anymore problems let us know.....Wait..WHAT?...that's it....I told him that wasn't gonna fix the vibrate/ringing thingy problem....then he goes.. yeah but we don't have any here to do a replacement for you.....soo..the warranty is up on June 29 so course he wanted to sell me a Apple Care pack, with which I said no to. Anyway he then said well if you KEEP having problems with that in the next week just bring it back...., we might have some by then...

That's my story any thoughts or comments............
Being an hour and 45 minutes away, I would have escalated to the employee's supervisor. You pay a lot of money for the device, for its plans, and now you drive a great distance (or had to endure tremendous traffic ;)) to get to the Apple store. I would think you deserve more for your trouble.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I agree with the 2 above. Sounds like you got the runaround. That is too far to drive to get that kind of answer. They may not have had any phones in the store but they have to have a stock of refurbs to cover the few weeks of warranty that is left on these phones. The guy should have offered to mail you one or at least give you a call what more came in.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I agree with Larry on this one. I would have asked to speak to someone higher up in the chain based on the time, money, and energy expenditure spent on getting to the store. I would suggest calling Apple and tell them the situation (while being polite of course) and say that you should have been given a replacement but none were available and hopefully they'll be able to better help you out.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
FYI-crying at the Genius bar also works, I know I've done it and they were prepared to do what ever it took to get me out of there, even exchange my iPhone when they originally said they wouldn't.;)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
FYI-crying at the Genius bar also works, I know I've done it and they were prepared to do what ever it took to get me out of there, even exchange my iPhone when they originally said they wouldn't.;)
That's just awesome!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Hey-I like your new avatar, it's cute!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I hate when people use avatars of real people or whatever Lol! Cause then I don't if I should make fun of the picture, compliment it, or whatever.
-Cause I don't wanna make fun of someone's avatar, then get flamed cause that's really them Lol!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
-Cause I don't wanna make fun of someone's avatar, then get flamed cause that's really them Lol!
Well now you've painted yourself into the corner of confession. Let's hear it! What's so funny about my avatar, biaaaatch?

Hehe, jk, I can handle it bro.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I hate when people use avatars of real people or whatever Lol! Cause then I don't if I should make fun of the picture, compliment it, or whatever.
Haven't you ever heard:

If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.