Genius bar

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I want to get my iPhone swapped out due to various issues (battery, software glitches, etc...do I have to make an appointment at the genius bar before I can swap it out or can I just walk in and exchange it? Thank!

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I want to get my iPhone swapped out due to various issues (battery, software glitches, etc...do I have to make an appointment at the genius bar before I can swap it out or can I just walk in and exchange it? Thank!
yes, you have to make a reservation.. I walked in to make an exchange and they said they can't do anything unless I had a reservation... so I made a reservation and went in the next day, and my reservation was at 7:50pm.. I was sitting at the genius bar until 8:30 when I was finally helped by a so called Genius... There were 2 people at the bar and they were both helping people, and they were taking their sweet ass time.. The Apple store needs to change the way they handle these returns because it was a pain in the ass to exchange my iPhone... 40 minutes before I was finally helped...I was finally outta there after an hour... not so great experience

by the way, what kind of software glitches are you experiencing?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I made an apointment for today to talk about my battery life and why I don't have any numbers under my usage stats. I might exchange it for a new one. When I go, should I just bring my iPhone or should I bring the box and cables as well?

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
I just brought my phone in but i had the box and cables in the just in case, the genius swapped out my phone and earphones and i was on my way. I also had to make an appointment.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
wow.. they replace iPhones for the most simplest problems.. the usage will pop up eventually.. I think they had no need to swap out your phone but oh well

bdiddy619

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
i am having battery problems...... it seems tht Apple will take care of ya u just have to make an appointment. this is great news!

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
wow.. they replace iPhones for the most simplest problems.. the usage will pop up eventually.. I think they had no need to swap out your phone but oh well
Well, after a hard reset, and a restore, it still didn't show up so I just wanted a new one. Tried to charge it every way you could and still nothing.

suasex

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
I'm taking my 3g to the genius bar tomorrow to have them look at it. it's still being iffy, software wise. if they can't resolve the issue of losing my music and constant freezing, could it be a hardware problem? do they do exchanges in these cases? any help would be appreciated. thanks:)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It would be a software issue most likely but if they can't seem to remedy anything by restoring (be prepared for them to swipe everything) then they will likely replace out the phone. Best of luck.

smudgeyjoe

Bronze
Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Just a question to any gurus or would be gurus out there. Whether it be the iPad, the iMac, or the iDon'tKnow, is there a way to get instruction from the Genius Bar other than the 1 to 1 that can come with a new Mac purchase? I am not necessarily looking for something for free, just a way to get hands on with someone who knows what I do not. You can watch a million videos, read a thousand tutorials, but nothing is more effective than having someone show you and then you do it. Everytime I go into the Apple Store right now, it is like the day before Christmas. Forget about asking a question. I had to wait 20 minutes today to purchase something I picked up the first minute I entered. It wasn't the fault of the Genius' and would be Genius', there was at least 10 of them constantly working, but they are so busy that I feel it a travesty to even ask a question, and I mean that seriously, not sarcastically. I would gladly pay to get periodic instruction that I could turn around and then share with someone else.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Just a question to any gurus or would be gurus out there. Whether it be the iPad, the iMac, or the iDon'tKnow, is there a way to get instruction from the Genius Bar other than the 1 to 1 that can come with a new Mac purchase? I am not necessarily looking for something for free, just a way to get hands on with someone who knows what I do not. You can watch a million videos, read a thousand tutorials, but nothing is more effective than having someone show you and then you do it. Everytime I go into the Apple Store right now, it is like the day before Christmas. Forget about asking a question. I had to wait 20 minutes today to purchase something I picked up the first minute I entered. It wasn't the fault of the Genius' and would be Genius', there was at least 10 of them constantly working, but they are so busy that I feel it a travesty to even ask a question, and I mean that seriously, not sarcastically. I would gladly pay to get periodic instruction that I could turn around and then share with someone else.
I think your best bet is on forums like this. I suggest you write out your questions on your iPad in a note taking app and submit them in whichever forum they best fit and then when you get answers that help, just type them into your iPad app. You can categorize the info for future reference.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I think your best bet is on forums like this. I suggest you write out your questions on your iPad in a note taking app and submit them in whichever forum they best fit and then when you get answers that help, just type them into your iPad app. You can categorize the info for future reference.

I agree. I transitioned from a Treo 650 a little over 2 years ago and now have a 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4 and 2 iPads in the family. Use the search function diligently and if you can't find it there do like Mickeylittle says.