Genius bar

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
the software isn't an issue for me. It's a bad battery.
I disagree, the software is sometimes to blame for bad battery. Usually after a clean restore and setting up as new seems to fix 99% of battery problems. My battery was perfect on 4.3.1 and that was on a one year old iPhone 4. I've just had it replaced and it was absolutely fine when the phone was stock 4.3.3, since I've jailbroken it's been terrible.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
I disagree, the software is sometimes to blame for bad battery. Usually after a clean restore and setting up as new seems to fix 99% of battery problems. My battery was perfect on 4.3.1 and that was on a one year old iPhone 4. I've just had it replaced and it was absolutely fine when the phone was stock 4.3.3, since I've jailbroken it's been terrible.
My old 3Gs had no problems with battery issues, (maybe a few when i was jb with blackra1n), but since getting my replacement I've had a few since updating to 4.3.3. It was fine on 4.2.1 and Greenpois0n and for a while on 4.3.3 (stock). I've noticed a bit of drain since jb'g 4.3.3 and updating my bb to ipad's but nothing major. I was out nearly all day yesterday and took loads of photo's with my phone, used facebook, tweeted a bit. Played a couple o games and it only reached 49% which I'm quite impressed with.

daddyrich

Apr 8, 2011
Live Oak
I just got back from the Apple Store, thinking I was actually gonna get help or even my phone swapped due to iTunes says it cannot write to iPhone...Anyways they guy at the bar noticed that I had a 2nd AT&T sim and asked after he really did nothing and asked why 2 sims I told him that I was switching from AT&T to T-Mobile short story he tells me that the iPhone 4 can be unlocked on my own with no jailbreak or gevey sim and it would be just like their fact unlocks... I said your smoking crack he said it's true he just can't tell me how and I would just have to search the net real good. Alright cafe peeps what do y'all think? Is it possible, is it actually true Apple employees know how to unlock a iPhone with no jailbreak and not going through att or Apple? I honestly think he is smoking crack as well as if I keep having these sync issues I just maybe going to a darn Droid (OMG I must be smoking crackLOL)

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I don't think anyone is smoking anything! :)

From what I understand, Apple started selling unlocked iPhone 4's today.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
To the OP:
Yes, there is a way to unlock your iPhone without jailbreaking or anything like that. HOWEVER, it's currently unavailable to US customers- unless Apple has started allowing it again.
There were several companies that would put you in the database to have your phone factory unlocked. In some cases, it cost about 175 USD. But do to overwhelming demand these companies got behind on the unlocks and had to suspend offering it.
Now that Apple is selling unlocked phones in the US (which to me is a Big indication that a) T-Mobile will be swallowed by AT&T , and b) Sprint will have the iPhone come this fall) it would not surprise me that it is being offered once again.
But to find someone doing it currently that isn't going to charge you an arm and a leg is the trick.