Genius Playlist

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
So playing around with my 3GS i tried to make a genius playlist. It said that genius is disabled, or unavailable. i forget what it said. so i enabled it on iTunes while my iPhone was plugged in. and i get the same message. Anybody have any ideas?

cbr09123

Aug 6, 2009
You can't just simply turn Genius on, you have to let iTunes send your song information to the servers so it knows what playlists to make when you turn the feature on. My library is about 6000 songs and it took about 20 minutes to finish. However, you may not be able to make a playlist with every song, it may tell you that you do not have a sufficient number of similar songs.

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
Well yeah it went through that process and I can do genius playlist on my computer just not my phone. How do I turn genius on my phone?

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Well yeah it went through that process and I can do genius playlist on my computer just not my phone. How do I turn genius on my phone?
All you have to do is enable in iTunes then perform a sync. You'll now have the genius icon in iTunes playlist.

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
Well I am from baton rouge. I like the saints. Just not the NFL. Haha

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Well I am from baton rouge. I like the saints. Just not the NFL. Haha
That's too bad. Can't say I know many guys that don't like the NFL. I grew up in N.O. and my dad worked for the Saints for the majority of my life at home. So it's deep in my bloodline. :eek:k:eek:k

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
I don't like any pro sports really. I'm a major baseball fan and I hardly watch any games. I love college sports though. They seem to have more of a passion cause they're not playing for money. But I do watch the saints cause my whole family watches.