Genuine cases vs fake ones?

cafeteria

Jun 26, 2012
I often encounter some conterfeits of certain genuine case when i do online shopping. in fact, i just make the judgment from its price because they bear similar apperence such as

and its genuine version i think
A friend told me that there is in fact little difference between the real one and fake one. just because the former is patented and takes much more costs, it turns out to be much more expensive.
i have no idea about it. how do you guys think?

cafeteria

Jun 26, 2012
I perfer the fake one. Cheaper and I can buy more changing it everyday.
;) you in fact just read my thought. the point is after making a comparison between the two from the price, i can not but a little doubt the quality of the cheaper. Why can it be so much cheaper?

crazyone

Jun 12, 2012
I often come across some conterfeits of certain genuine case when i do online shopping. in fact, i just make the judgment from its price because they bear similar apperence such as and its genuine version i think .
Someone told me that there is in fact little difference between the real one and fake one. just because the former is patented and takes much more costs, it turns out to be much more expensive. i have no idea about it. how do you guys think?

sorbet

Bronze
Dec 11, 2011
Ohio
I think it depends on the brand it's impersonating honestly. like I would never attempt to buy a fake Otterbox or Lifeproof case online, there's many smaller brands for cheaper that do a good job.

But for cases that are purely cosmetic, like Kate Spade or Tory Burch cases, I think people would be fine with a fake. My Kate Spade case was like $50 and it's just 2 pieces of plastic and I'm sure the $10 fake one on eBay works the same.

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
I buy and sell a lot on eBay. The problem now is the fake otterbox defenders. They are close in price ie $24.95 buy now. Others are $32 maybe. They look great, have an "authentic" description, sellers won't answer ?s about item. Well, I received 2 fakes. They are obvious immediately. The rubber is slick and flimsy. The charge ports don't close and fit well. It's just sad. So, beware of that case for sure.

Aug 8, 2012
I do think it depends on the brand. I wouldn't be bothered about some fake cases but other bigger names I would..