Genuine cases vs fake ones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by cafeteria, Jun 26, 2012.

1. cafeteria

cafeteria New Member

I often encounter some conterfeits of certain genuine case when i do online shopping. in fact, i just make the judgment from its price because they bear similar apperence such as

and its genuine version i think
    A friend told me that there is in fact little difference between the real one and fake one. just because the former is patented and takes much more costs, it turns out to be much more expensive.
    i have no idea about it. how do you guys think?

2. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt New Member

I perfer the fake one. Cheaper and I can buy more changing it everyday.

3. cafeteria

cafeteria New Member

;) you in fact just read my thought. the point is after making a comparison between the two from the price, i can not but a little doubt the quality of the cheaper. Why can it be so much cheaper?

4. bosco2012

bosco2012 New Member

I also like the fake one, it's much cheaper than the real one, and the quality is just little different...

5. crazyone

crazyone New Member

I often come across some conterfeits of certain genuine case when i do online shopping. in fact, i just make the judgment from its price because they bear similar apperence such as and its genuine version i think .
    Someone told me that there is in fact little difference between the real one and fake one. just because the former is patented and takes much more costs, it turns out to be much more expensive. i have no idea about it. how do you guys think?

6. sorbet

sorbet Member
    Bronze

I think it depends on the brand it's impersonating honestly. like I would never attempt to buy a fake Otterbox or Lifeproof case online, there's many smaller brands for cheaper that do a good job.

But for cases that are purely cosmetic, like Kate Spade or Tory Burch cases, I think people would be fine with a fake. My Kate Spade case was like $50 and it's just 2 pieces of plastic and I'm sure the $10 fake one on eBay works the same.

7. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

I buy and sell a lot on eBay. The problem now is the fake otterbox defenders. They are close in price ie $24.95 buy now. Others are $32 maybe. They look great, have an "authentic" description, sellers won't answer ?s about item. Well, I received 2 fakes. They are obvious immediately. The rubber is slick and flimsy. The charge ports don't close and fit well. It's just sad. So, beware of that case for sure.

8. thelarster

thelarster Member
    Bronze

I have a 'fake' Vapor Pro that I bought for $25. Had it for 6 months and no issues, love it, will do it again with the next iPhone!

9. grahamjohn87

grahamjohn87 New Member

I do think it depends on the brand. I wouldn't be bothered about some fake cases but other bigger names I would..