Geocaching

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
Anybody having luck geocaching with their iPhone? I downloaded geocache app over the weekend and am having a hard time getting a lock on my current location

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
Have you followed these guidelines here?
I am getting the coordinates for the cache OK. its getting the coordinates for my location that has been the problem. I have been having a problem getting a lock on my location with the iPhone lately. I thought it had been fixed after 2.2 was released, but here I am having the same problems again

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am getting the coordinates for the cache OK. its getting the coordinates for my location that has been the problem. I have been having a problem getting a lock on my location with the iPhone lately. I thought it had been fixed after 2.2 was released, but here I am having the same problems again
Try reading this article here.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
Thanks guys. I think the app that I bought out of the App Store called geocache solves a lot of the issues that some of these people had when using the iPhone as a caching device. it is an app made specifically for geocaching.com and works well. The only problem I am having is getting a lock on my current location when I am outside. Its like it is using the cell towers to find my location and the GPS chip is doing little else. Once I get my GPS function working I should be good. Thanks for your input

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks guys. I think the app that I bought out of the App Store called geocache solves a lot of the issues that some of these people had when using the iPhone as a caching device. it is an app made specifically for geocaching.com and works well. The only problem I am having is getting a lock on my current location when I am outside. Its like it is using the cell towers to find my location and the GPS chip is doing little else. Once I get my GPS function working I should be good. Thanks for your input
You're welcome - let's us know if any thing...the good ones...happens! ;)