Get a Drop Box

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
A friend just told me about an application called GetDropBox where it allows you to have a desktop interface while using your main computer or and other computer you want to install the program for (Mac, Windows, Linux). Its syncs up all the folders instantly, so there is no need to carry a flash drive. It also does backups, can access files from iPhone. Check it out.

I think I am in love...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm not a fan of DropBox. The concept is great, but it has way too many bugs for me. it automatically installs the DropBox as your Desktop (for me, anyway) and crashes when I attempt to use it.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I am trying it out for the first real time tonight, not going to the library with my flash drive. Its free so I am just giving it a try. What do you mean automatically installs the DropBox as your desktop?

PS I knew you were going to know something about this. You are younger than me but far more intelligent...you are a bright young man.

Any other recommendations about programs that do similar?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I am trying it out for the first real time tonight, not going to the library with my flash drive. Its free so I am just giving it a try. What do you mean automatically installs the DropBox as your desktop?

PS I knew you were going to know something about this. You are younger than me but far more intelligent...you are a bright young man.

Any other recommendations about programs that do similar?
Well, when I open the app, everything on my desktop (General, Downloads, Desktop Wallpaper, WIP, and School folders) is used as the dropbox. I'd rather use a folder named Dropbox in my User folder, but when I attempt to switch the location of the dropbox, the app crashes.

For uploading files (pictures, documents, whatever) I use QuickSahreIt. Very easy drag and drop app.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I just downloaded it now and tried it out. Is there a way to access the information from another computer?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I haven't tried that yet. I assume that as long as you have the URL, you can access the file form anywhere.

Jun 13, 2009
I just installed dropbox on my mac book pro, imac and iPhone. It works perfectly! It updates the files and it keeps them in one place that can accessed from any web portal.