Get a Free phone then buy iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Is this possible:

Get a free phone or possibly a discounted treo refurb (when starting a new line of service) and then buy an iPhone since it can be added to an existing account. Then activate the iPhone and use the sim in the treo or free phone when ever I don't want to use the iPhone? Anyone do this? If I have to sign a new 2 year I would like to get a free phone at least after paying full price for the iPhone.

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
thanks for the reply. I am not currently with AT&T though so the contract extending 2 years doesn't matter. I was thinking since I would be getting a new 2 year contract might as well get a free phone and buy the iPhone and use the free phone as a backup. I was wondering if that would work?

Last edited by a moderator:

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
my dad and brother each got a phone and i just a sim and then i had to buy my own phone to add it on to contract which extended our contract.
so basically after we activate the contract like a day later i called in to add my iPhone which basically extended are plans 2yr and 1 day LOL atleast we get alil more then this scam they pulling on us.

well it worked for me

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
not sure with att but with nextel if you had lets say 9 months left on your contract and got a new phone with a 2 year contract it would just start your contract over with 2 years not 2 years and 9 months...

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
I am a long time AT&T wireless customer & was eligible for an upgrade. I went down to the AT&T store & got my free upgrade phone. Then I went to the Apple store & bought my iPhone. No problems here. Now I have a throw-away phone to use when I am riding on my motorcycle :cool:

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I switched to AT&t for the iPhone. I also got a free phone from AT&T then the next day got an iPhone. I use the free phone for a beater phone.