Get an iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TheGuest

Oct 5, 2007
Hi,

I am thinking of getting an iPhone =) Switching from BlackJack (Samsung)
Few things to clarify (I have searched the forum prior posting this)

1. I can unlock it only it has version 1.0.0, 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 firmware
2. I am required to sign up with a data plan

4Gb is still available from Apple store?
If i simply plug in my current AT&T card into iPhone it won't work, right?

Thanks.

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
Hi,

I am thinking of getting an iPhone =) Switching from BlackJack (Samsung)
Few things to clarify (I have searched the forum prior posting this)

1. I can unlock it only it has version 1.0.0, 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 firmware
2. I am required to sign up with a data plan

4Gb is still available from Apple store?
If i simply plug in my current AT&T card into iPhone it won't work, right?

Thanks.
1. yes (although i believe they are going to start if they have not already, started shipping them with 1.1.1)
2. yes your required to sign up for a data plan

i believe they are out of the 4gb already.
and no you cant put your AT&T card into it.

TheGuest

Oct 5, 2007
1. yes (although i believe they are going to start if they have not already, started shipping them with 1.1.1)
2. yes your required to sign up for a data plan

i believe they are out of the 4gb already.
and no you cant put your AT&T card into it.
what happens if I unlock it and than try to use it overseas with a different card, will it work?

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
what happens if I unlock it and than try to use it overseas with a different card, will it work?
if you unlock it then you can use it with another carrier, but inorder to be able to unlock it you have to be on the 1.0.0, 1.0.1, or 1.0.2 software. if its on the 1.1.1 then you wont be able to unlock it to another carrier.

TheGuest

Oct 5, 2007
if you unlock it then you can use it with another carrier, but inorder to be able to unlock it you have to be on the 1.0.0, 1.0.1, or 1.0.2 software. if its on the 1.1.1 then you wont be able to unlock it to another carrier.

great, thanks. Now need to find one that I can unlock...

TheGuest

Oct 5, 2007
yep, good luck. hope you find one
reconsidering to get 8Gb one.
The only issue that stops me is unlocking it. Does 8Gb one comes with 1.0.0, 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 software release?

what's you overall impression about the phone? Is it really that good?

Thanks.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The only issue that stops me is unlocking it. Does 8Gb one comes with 1.0.0, 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 software release?

Thanks.

It really depends these days. It's going to be difficult to tell just what level of firmware your iPhone has when you purchase it. There is a number you can dial using the "make emergency call" when you first get the iPhone out of the box that tells you the firmware it's running. In my opinion I say that YES the iPhone really is that good. I have had it since day 1 and I haven't regretted the purchase yet, and I don't think I will. The battery life is awesome, the UI is unmatched anywhere, the possibility to mod (though not recommended by Apple) is great and the overall look is unsurpassed.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida

Thanks.
I am an overthinker. I regret and fret over almost every purchase I make. (If I buy something orange, I go home and think, I should have bought something pink). After I got the iPhone I have thought every day how great it is. The interface is awesome! I really love this phone. It is my 2nd favorite thing I own after my Ping G5 golf clubs. :p

No regrets here.