get around AT&T's crap

S

succubus

im new here, i admit i work for the enemy...i have been a tier II tech agent for the past 4 yrs (started with cingular) but i hate my own company so much im willing to give heads up or advice on how to get around the crap the easy way! i could have up to 2 free lines with AT&T but i choose to pay for a line with alltel cause i want a phone that works! any questions u have feel free to ask me..i'll answer...(BTW My husband is a manager so i have inlets in that too) message me at my Myspace page : www.myspace.com/succubusbloodlust

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
weird... my line works pretty well, and i'm just a peon.

wanna give me one of your free ones?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Does Alltel piggy back off another carrier (like Virgin or Boost)? Or do they have their own infrastructure? Are they GSM?

I saw your myspace page, you scare me! ;)

im new here, i admit i work for the enemy...i have been a tier II tech agent for the past 4 yrs (started with cingular) but i hate my own company so much im willing to give heads up or advice on how to get around the bullshit the easy way! i could have up to 2 free lines with AT&T but i choose to pay for a line with alltel cause i want a phone that works! any questions u have feel free to ask me..i'll answer...(BTW My husband is a manager so i have inlets in that too) message me at my Myspace page : www.myspace.com/succubusbloodlust

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Alltel is CDMA. It owns no towers, but instead has agreements with Verizon and Sprint to get coverage. So they sort of piggyback, but not the same way MVNOs like Virgin Mobile and Boost do (Virgin uses exclusively Sprint services, Boost is exclusively Verizon, and they're generally pretty regional in their coverage zones.)

H

Hayesimus

hmmmmm her post was edited by chris... wonder why.... iNosey...

S

succubus

weird... my line works pretty well, and i'm just a peon.

wanna give me one of your free ones?
Don't think that would be a good idea, job being on the line (pun inteneded) what market do you like in, im in SE/Gulf....work out of the Ashland call center.

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
Anyway to get out of my contract early without paying the etf's? I wanna get out and hopefully one of my friends (who wants to switch to AT&T) will do a transfer-of-service but if theres anyway to get out of it without having to deal with that it'd be awesome.

S

succubus

Anyway to get out of my contract early without paying the etf's? I wanna get out and hopefully one of my friends (who wants to switch to AT&T) will do a transfer-of-service but if theres anyway to get out of it without having to deal with that it'd be awesome.
ummm....escalate...a lot...chances r u get someone who just wants to get off the phone with u:p

Jul 25, 2008
Tethering...

im new here, i admit i work for the enemy...i have been a tier II tech agent for the past 4 yrs (started with cingular) but i hate my own company so much im willing to give heads up or advice on how to get around the crap the easy way! i could have up to 2 free lines with AT&T but i choose to pay for a line with alltel cause i want a phone that works! any questions u have feel free to ask me..i'll answer...(BTW My husband is a manager so i have inlets in that too) message me at my Myspace page : www.myspace.com/succubusbloodlust
I was just wondering if there is a way around not being able to tether? I am with alltel too until I get my new phone. I tether with alltel...hope you know something I don't.

madaca

Mar 2, 2008
can you use iPhone 3g on prepaid plan. I have a 1st gen iPhone and my friend just got his 3g and we switched out our sim cards to try it out. I put my prepaid sim in his 3g and it worked perfect and also showed 3g service. Everything worked. I keep hearing that 3g will not work with the pick your plan prepaid plans.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
This thread is completely worthless. I figured it would be. :rolleyes: