Get iPhone for US outsiders

ZF21

Oct 23, 2007
Hi, i'm living outside US and i really wanted an iPhone. There is people who sell it in my country, but its price really expensive (almost 2,5 times).
Is there any way to get it with actual price + shipping cost? or at least much cheaper that i found here. Is there any limitation for purchases? i heard in other thread that Apple rejected cash buying and limit only 2 units per purchase.
I have asked my friend who lived in NY, but i think his too busy to do this thing. So i need other way to get it..
thanks..
:)

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
The Iraqi war is really getting to me...somehow i read the subject of the post as: "Get iPhone for US soldiers". After reading the content and finding nothing about US soldiers, I had typed out my indignation at the OP's ruse and was about to click "Submit Reply", when I read the subject again...Oopsy!:eek:

Now, I'll try to answer some of your questions...hopefully briefly:

Yes, it's possible to buy at actual cost + shipping.
Yes, there is limit on number of purchase. I have no personal confirmation, but there are many in this forum. Some people have also reported "credit card only" purchases.

I don't know if you want to take the risk of asking total strangers to buy and send you an iPhone. Of course, you'd have to send your money first, and hope for the best. BTW, what country do you live in? Chances are someone here may know someone there to be a sort of honest broker. Otherwise, you may try buying through Ebay.

theone77

Bronze
Oct 18, 2007
Hi, i'm living outside US and i really wanted an iPhone. There is people who sell it in my country, but its price really expensive (almost 2,5 times).
Is there any way to get it with actual price + shipping cost? or at least much cheaper that i found here. Is there any limitation for purchases? i heard in other thread that Apple rejected cash buying and limit only 2 units per purchase.
I have asked my friend who lived in NY, but i think his too busy to do this thing. So i need other way to get it..
thanks..
:)
EBAY and some advertisement showing it only 600-650$. thats the cheapest i see

ZF21

Oct 23, 2007
I think $600-$650 still expensive to me. I was thinking from getting iPhone via broker because a lot of people here wanted to buy it. But, i will take me a lot of risk since its difficult to find the trustable one..
i think i must wait my friend in NY..

Oct 23, 2007
I live in Mexico and I ordered it through Apple.com and shipped it to a friend's apartment in Texas, then I went to pick it up. I think that wouldn't fit you so, you could try a PO Box, it still would be expensive, but not as much as $750 dollars, I think.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I think $600-$650 still expensive to me, since i want to resell it again. I lived in Indonesia, the iPhone (unlocked) price here reach $700-$750. I was thinking from getting iPhone via broker, and make a businesss since i will buy a lot of it. But, i will take me a lot of risk since its difficult to find the trustable one..
i think i must wait my friend in NY..
What do mean you want to sell it again? That's wrong and I hope you get stuck! This forum is a good one but to blatently confess that you just want to profit on this is offensive. It is people like you that are driving the iPhone's problems out of sight. Find another way to smooze your answers. I am totally aghast at your comments. Go screw someone else please. You, sir, are a shmuck!

(my apologies if this post is offensive to CHRIS- I am just taking sides here...)

ZF21

Oct 23, 2007
What do mean you want to sell it again? That's wrong and I hope you get stuck! Go steal it somewhere else. This forum is a good one but to blatently confess that you just want to profit on this is offensive. It is people like you that are driving the iPhone's problems out of sight. Find another way to smooze your answers. I am totally aghast at your comments. Go screw someone else please. You, sir, are a shmuck!

(my apologies if this post is offensive to CHRIS- I am just taking sides here...)
Look man, my first objective is to get iPhone for me. I just see the opportunity here.. and i pay for it. The rest is none of your businesss. i'm a mac lover, and i adore all the Apple has. I'm not stealing anything.. I'm making it available for all people here..

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Look man, my first objective is to get iPhone for me. I just see the opportunity here.. and i pay for it. The rest is none of your businesss. i'm a mac lover, and i adore all the Apple has. I'm not stealing anything.. I'm making it available for all people here..
ok that's fine and all. But if its none of my businesss, why mention the fact that you want to resell? You are the reason Apple is tightening the screws. And that's a fact.

No, I shouldn't have said "steal" more like a parasite as opposed to a theif.