Get Michael Bublé's Christmas Deluxe SE album free on your Mac or iPhone—from Google Play!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Google has a special gift for Macintosh and iPhone users right now: Michael Bublé's album Christmas Deluxe Special Edition entirely free.

The only thing you need is a [free] Google account—which you already have if you use Gmail or Google+.

First, go and get Michael Bublé's Christmas Deluxe Special Edition album free from Google Play. Just follow the very easy directions given in that article. If you don't already have a credit card stored on your Google Wallet, you will be asked to enter one—no charges will be made (this is exactly like when the iTunes Store used to require a credit card number in the past, even to get free content).

The album will be added to your library at Google Play. If your browser doesn't automatically take you there, go to your Google Play Library. Now, if you click on My Library and you see Mr. Bublé smiling smugly at you, then you're doing great so far:

buble1.jpg

Download & Install Google's Music Manager on your Macintosh, unless you already have it. Launch the application. If this is your first time opening the application, you will get the standard warning: “Music Manager” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" Click on Open. The application will start and you will be asked for your Google credentials. After providing them, the application's relatively small main window will appear, and at the top of that window, you'll see a bar with four options: Upload, Download, Advanced, and About. Click on Download, then click on Download free and purchased. You will be asked to choose a download location. These are self-explanatory. Choose whichever option you prefer, but if you choose iTunes (which I recommend) then Mr. Bublé's album will automatically be added to your iTunes Library after it is downloaded. Now you should see this window as your music downloads, and you can treat yourself to a tall glass of eggnog because you're pretty much done.
dl.png

Launch iTunes and your new music should be there. If you chose to download it to a folder instead, then you'll have to import the songs from that folder into iTunes yourself. You're on your own for this part; after all, I suggested automatically adding the songs to your iTunes Library and you opted not to follow my advice. :D

After you have confirmed that Mr. Bublé's album is in your iTunes Library, you can take a minute to clean up the things you won't be needing anymore: uninstall Google's Music Manager application (I like AppCleaner for this), and delete the folder with the mp3 files (only if you did not choose to automatically add the music to your iTunes Library).

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Can I download it directly to my iPhone?
Yes, you can.

Get the Google Play Music app on the iOS App Store (free of charge).

Launch the app and provide your Google credentials when asked for them. Then you will see the free Michael Bublé album there:

IMG_0903.PNG (thumbnail; click to expand)

You will need to use the Google Play Music app to play the album on your iPhone. The default is that the app keeps your music on your Google play online library ("in the cloud," if you will), and this allows online listening only. You can download the songs to your iPhone for offline listening by tapping this button:

forofflinelistening.jpg (thumbnail; click to expand)

If you want to get rid of the Google Play Music app and listen to the album using Apple's stock Music app, you will have to add the album to iTunes first (as explained in my original post, above) and then sync to your iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Google has a special gift for Macintosh and iPhone users right now: Michael Bublé's album Christmas Deluxe Special Edition entirely free.

The only thing you need is a [free] Google account—which you already have if you use Gmail or Google+.

First, go and get Michael Bublé's Christmas Deluxe Special Edition album free from Google Play. Just follow the very easy directions given in that article. If you don't already have a credit card stored on your Google Wallet, you will be asked to enter one—no charges will be made (this is exactly like when the iTunes Store used to require a credit card number in the past, even to get free content).

The album will be added to your library at Google Play. If your browser doesn't automatically take you there, go to your Google Play Library. Now, if you click on My Library and you see Mr. Bublé smiling smugly at you, then you're doing great so far:

View attachment 40348

Download & Install Google's Music Manager on your Macintosh, unless you already have it. Launch the application. If this is your first time opening the application, you will get the standard warning: “Music Manager” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" Click on Open. The application will start and you will be asked for your Google credentials. After providing them, the application's relatively small main window will appear, and at the top of that window, you'll see a bar with four options: Upload, Download, Advanced, and About. Click on Download, then click on Download free and purchased. You will be asked to choose a download location. These are self-explanatory. Choose whichever option you prefer, but if you choose iTunes (which I recommend) then Mr. Bublé's album will automatically be added to your iTunes Library after it is downloaded. Now you should see this window as your music downloads, and you can treat yourself to a tall glass of eggnog because you're pretty much done.
View attachment 40349
Launch iTunes and your new music should be there. If you chose to download it to a folder instead, then you'll have to import the songs from that folder into iTunes yourself. You're on your own for this part; after all, I suggested automatically adding the songs to your iTunes Library and you opted not to follow my advice. :D

After you have confirmed that Mr. Bublé's album is in your iTunes Library, you can take a minute to clean up the things you won't be needing anymore: uninstall Google's Music Manager application (I like AppCleaner for this), and delete the folder with the mp3 files (only if you did not choose to automatically add the music to your iTunes Library).
Who is Michael Bubble? Never heard of him. :confused:

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Who is Michael Bubble? Never heard of him. :confused:

Michael Bublé (boo-BLAY) is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actor.

I know the temptation to call him Michael "Bubble" is there. I have to fight it every time I see his name. :D

Quick bio from IMDb:

"Multi-platinum artist Michael Bublé grew up near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He was introduced to swing music and old standards by his grandfather, who offered his services for free as a professional plumber to musicians who were willing to let Michael sing a couple of songs with them on stage.

He got his big break in show business after former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney discovered his music. At 10 years of struggling, the discovery came at a time when distraught Michael was considering giving up a career in music and getting a job in media. His performance at a corporate gig in summer 2000 impressed Michael McSweeney, speech writer/right hand man to Brian Mulroney, and told Mcsweeney to feel free to use his independent CD as a coaster if he didn't like it. Mcsweeney gave the CD to Brian & Mila Mulroney, which led to an invitation to sing at their daughter's wedding, where he was introduced to music producer David Foster, who took him under his wing.

His self-titled debut album came out February 12, 2003 and has since won several music awards and incredible worldwide success."

I'll put some links to some videos on the Song of the Day Thread shortly...

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Michael Bublé (boo-BLAY) is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actor.

I know the temptation to call him Michael "Bubble" is there. I have to fight it every time I see his name. :D

Quick bio from IMDb:

"Multi-platinum artist Michael Bublé grew up near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He was introduced to swing music and old standards by his grandfather, who offered his services for free as a professional plumber to musicians who were willing to let Michael sing a couple of songs with them on stage.

He got his big break in show business after former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney discovered his music. At 10 years of struggling, the discovery came at a time when distraught Michael was considering giving up a career in music and getting a job in media. His performance at a corporate gig in summer 2000 impressed Michael McSweeney, speech writer/right hand man to Brian Mulroney, and told Mcsweeney to feel free to use his independent CD as a coaster if he didn't like it. Mcsweeney gave the CD to Brian & Mila Mulroney, which led to an invitation to sing at their daughter's wedding, where he was introduced to music producer David Foster, who took him under his wing.

His self-titled debut album came out February 12, 2003 and has since won several music awards and incredible worldwide success."

I'll put some links to some videos on the Song of the Day Thread shortly...
:D

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Yes, you can.

Get the Google Play Music app on the iOS App Store (free of charge).

Launch the app and provide your Google credentials when asked for them. Then you will see the free Michael Bublé album there:

View attachment 40357 (thumbnail; click to expand)

You will need to use the Google Play Music app to play the album on your iPhone. The default is that the app keeps your music on your Google play online library ("in the cloud," if you will), and this allows online listening only. You can download the songs to your iPhone for offline listening by tapping this button:

View attachment 40358 (thumbnail; click to expand)

If you want to get rid of the Google Play Music app and listen to the album using Apple's stock Music app, you will have to add the album to iTunes first (as explained in my original post, above) and then sync to your iPhone.
But, I need a Google music account? My google email address isn't enough. Oy vey, so much work.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
But, I need a Google music account? My google email address isn't enough. Oy vey, so much work.
You do need a Google Play account. The Google e-mail address isn't enough. It couldn't be any easier, but that's just my opinion. I'm actually keeping my Google Play account around because they may offer future freebies. If you want this album bad enough, I may have a shortcut for you. Read your private mail here on eiC.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
You do need a Google Play account. The Google e-mail address isn't enough. It couldn't be any easier, but that's just my opinion. I'm actually keeping my Google Play account around because they may offer future freebies. If you want this album bad enough, I may have a shortcut for you. Read your private mail here on eiC.
The app does not offer a way to create an account. It seems to me if one has to have an account to use the app, there should be an option to create one.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
The app does not offer a way to create an account. It seems to me if one has to have an account to use the app, there should be an option to create one.

I created my account through safari. Than got the free album in my account. When I opened the app, it was there and I downloaded the songs for offline listening, but only through the Google Play app.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
You're right. I never stated that it did. You have to go through a browser, like EverythingApple said he did in the post immediately above.

And you have to put in your CC (or bank debit card) number. It went through smooth as silk for me.

Update: You can use the same Gmail account you already have, but going to the Google Play store and getting the free album requires adding your CC number.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
So how do I get to the Google Play store from my iPhone? ;)
You don't need to get the Google Play Store on your iPhone in order to enjoy the free album (or any other music you may choose to buy from the Google Play Store). What you need is the Google Play Music app (see two paragraphs below).

Use your desktop computer to get Michael Jackson's Thriller onto your Google Play Library by following the instructions in the first post on this thread.

Then you get the free Google Play Music app for your iPhone by following this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-play-music/id691797987?mt=8

Enter your Google account credentials when prompted, and you'll have the free album to enjoy at any time on your iPhone.

As stated in the original post on this thread, all you need is a free Google account, which you already have one if you use gmail.

There is a separate app to view movies and TV shows from the Google Play store on your iPhone, but I have not tried that one. It is also free, of course.