Get News of Cydia Updates, Even Without the App Installed

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Wow, I didn't know that either. Of course it makes sense now that you point it out, even though the langauge has been pretty clear all along*. This could have and will likely come in handy. :)

*This is assuming the langauge has read the same for the past couple of years. ;)

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Yes Naps this is a great feature that you can pick and choose which apps you want to know get updates, such as Gridlock. I have it checked yes because I don't want to keep checking 2-3 times a day to see if it has finally been updated to work on ios 6.1. I have this feature set for 3-4 other apps as well and whenever they receive an update..... all is well!

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Sorry, Kaepernick fan here...

But great tip. Thanks! Put gridlock on my "watch" list. Waiting for that ios6 update.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I like Curiosa which put your updated apps/tweaks from Cydia right on your Notification screen. Although it only notifies you if you have them installed.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I like Curiosa which put your updated apps/tweaks from Cydia right on your Notification screen. Although it only notifies you if you have them installed.
Should it work no matter what tweaks you have installed? I wanted to get Aptdate to work but it doesn't. It only notifies me of updates available after I update and respring.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Should it work no matter what tweaks you have installed? I wanted to get Aptdate to work but it doesn't. It only notifies me of updates available after I update and respring.
Curiosa notifies me of all my tweaks so far. It just notified me of my Torch tweak update with no respringing.