Get News of Cydia Updates, Even Without the App Installed

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
By tapping "Change Package Settings" when inside of any packages, you can turn a setting on that shows it in your "Changes" tab whenever there is an update. Never knew about until I read it on Reddit.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Wow, I didn't know that either. Of course it makes sense now that you point it out, even though the langauge has been pretty clear all along*. This could have and will likely come in handy. :)

*This is assuming the langauge has read the same for the past couple of years. ;)

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Yes Naps this is a great feature that you can pick and choose which apps you want to know get updates, such as Gridlock. I have it checked yes because I don't want to keep checking 2-3 times a day to see if it has finally been updated to work on ios 6.1. I have this feature set for 3-4 other apps as well and whenever they receive an update..... all is well!

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I like Curiosa which put your updated apps/tweaks from Cydia right on your Notification screen. Although it only notifies you if you have them installed.
Should it work no matter what tweaks you have installed? I wanted to get Aptdate to work but it doesn't. It only notifies me of updates available after I update and respring.