Get this screen recorder app before it's too late

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Rafagon, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Apple has apparently screwed up and let an app onto the App Store which "contravenes its own developer terms and conditions" (i.e. by allowing users to record streaming video from Netflix, record audio from Pandora, and the like).

The app will allow you to record your iPhone or iPad screen without the need for a jailbreak.

"So what we have with Vidyo! is essentially an application that allows users to capture their entire screen, as well as all audio being played on the device. Vidyo! offers an additional function over its primary one, which allows existing videos to be imported directly from the device’s Camera Roll and then have an audio commentary recorded over it using voice annotation, as long as the necessary privileges are provided to the device’s microphone. Users are also able to take multiple video files – whether they be purposely recorded within Vidyo! or imported from the device – and splice them all into one single file directly with the app without the need for a computer. Screen capture, audio capture, in-app video and audio editing; what more could you want on a non-jailbroken iPhone or iPad?"

The app is still on the App Store as of 2016-01-06 20:40Z.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The Vidyo! app has now been pulled from the App Store.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I already have a jailbreak app that does this, but I went ahead and picked it up for the lean times.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That was a great idea. It was a great app with some neat features in addition to the screen capturing itself.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Missed it!

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Finally messed around a little with the app last night. Pretty cool and full-featured.

7. Nick Arhtur

Nick Arhtur New Member

Miss it, too. I don't want to jailbreak my iPhone to record a video, so I always connect the Mac and use QuickTime do that instead, which is quite troublesome, though.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The app works, but I find it incredibly clunky and unintuitive..