"getfile" command in jailbreak?

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
i finally got the Apple logo perfectly centered just the way i like it and some how after i put it on my iPhone i delete the files. ya i know, stupid me. but i really want to get the file off my phone as i can post it here and have a backup for once the iPhone is updated.

i tried using getfile instead of putfile and it didn't work :( anyone know a command to get these files off my iPhone?

Jul 1, 2007
I think if you use rmdir in the command line instead of putfile, it will remove it...

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
He dosn't want toremove it. Its in your directory with jailbreak is it not? Just save it on your ocmputer.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
He dosn't want toremove it. Its in your directory with jailbreak is it not? Just save it on your ocmputer.
the only jailbreak i use is command line, is there a way to just view my iPhone as a hdd so i could just grab the files?

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Thats what I am wondering myself too..

rinual

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
As of now, there is no graphical system to manage the files on the iPhone's disk. There are at least two companies claiming to have breached the access however, they have not posted the process. you can view what i saw on iphonehacks.com but they could just be fake.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
anyone? i really want the files off my iPhone to have as a backup.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Install SSH and use WinSCP for your transfers. I don't know why this isn't the default method for every PC user, and last I checked you have access to a PC.

To get all your commandline functionality back, you'll need to install the bin-kit that's floating around. It's got all the missing commands, such as Delete (rm). Install those files into your /bin directory and you'll be able to use winSCP exactly how you want.