getting a free phone

th3godf4th3r

Bronze
Feb 9, 2009
i don't remember so i thought i would post this, if i were to go to a site such as wirefly.com open a new ATT account and get a BB bold for free

if i decided i wanted to cancel service within the 30 days do i have to return the phone or no?

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
i don't remember so i thought i would post this, if i were to go to a site such as wirefly.com open a new ATT account and get a BB bold for free

if i decided i wanted to cancel service within the 30 days do i have to return the phone or no?
I would HIGHLY suggest you not do that. Why? Because if you read the fine print (which I have, since I got my Bold through wirefly.com), it states that the phones they sell come with a "$300 Equipment Discount" (for smartphones, $200 for regular phones). And by accepting that price reduction, you agree to repay the discount, and if during the 181 days after the new equipment is activated, you cancel your contract, you authorize them to charge your credit card in repayment of the Equipment Discount.

unnecessary

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
The above state is correct. Wirelfly will not charge your AT&T bill, they will charge your credit card. So you will be looking at pro rated charges, ETF, plus ETF with wirefly as well. You will end up spending $800 for that phone.