Getting a Full Charge?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iWant iPhone

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
so my iPhone has been plugged in since like 7ish or so and its still not giving me the charge logo, the thing is like full green, but not giving me that logo. i have been using it, because i mean, i cant stop people from calling me, but i don't think that has anything to do with it?

how long is it taking everyone to get a full charge?

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
havnt charged it yet waiting for it to die. Is that bad for my battery life?

PS: posted from iPhone

Edit: I did sync it and it started to charge for about half an hour, is that bad?

typer922

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Would it be better to let it fully discharge before charging it up or is it ok to just start charging?

Edit: Oops, didn't see those other post before mine.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
It's supposedly best for the battery to let it run down and then charge it. Who knows if that's true, it won't hurt it if you charge it straight away though.

serraghost

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I got a full charge over night, then this morning I figured I'd test the phone and see how the battery held up. I let it run a 2 hour movie and did some surfing on it, and it held up for about 3 hours. I got low battery signals at 20%, 15%, 10% and then 5%. I'm now letting it get another full charge in hopes I'll get a better performance. So far I love the phone, the keyboard takes some getting use to, and only encountered one glitch where the photo widget text was spazing out but it resolved itself.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Mine seems to charge faster from the wall outlet than when it was tethered to my laptop.

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
It me forever to charge it full but I've been on it for about five hours and I still have about 20 percent I'm happy with the battery life so far and I'm getting used to the double thumb technique!:)

duckfool

Jun 26, 2007
reboot phone, battery charge indicator will change

If you reboot the phone the charge indicator will update! Had the same problem with 5 of ours...