Getting a new case/shield?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I know there have been many posts about regarding scratching when putting hard cases on. I will be cleaning it a few times a week if i get one. I am torn between certain cases.

The Incase Slider White

Incase Black

Or the Invisible shield

Incase:
Does the white get dirty at all? White also my be a little to "clean" and "fresh" of a phone cover, black is more subtle.

Also,
I just found out about the invisibleSHIELD this weekend. Is it noticeable on the back and the sides? Does anyone have any pics? How about doing both the Incase and the Shield?

Because I change my mind every 5 mintues, sometimes I like my hard cases ( i have numerous) and other times just love the slimness of the phone and only wan the phone (with shield).

So any thoughts or ideas would be great.

And please anyone who has pics of the invisibleSHIELD would be great, the video online is a little bit hard to get a feel for it.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have the matte black incase slider. Reason I bought it was because it looks cool and I love the rubbery feel to it.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I tried it at the Apple store, it was difficult to get on. Which is good and bad because I would be taking off once a week to clean the dust and such. Does this case get a little easier to get in and out of after a few tries?

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I tried it at the Apple store, it was difficult to get on. Which is good and bad because I would be taking off once a week to clean the dust and such. Does this case get a little easier to get in and out of after a few tries?
Its a good thing for me because its a tight fit. I would think it does get easier. I've only had it for about a week.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
OKay, did you notice that it is a little snug to put on. Almost like I was hurting my phone?
I do not want to hurt my precious baby.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Awesome I am going to pick up the Black a.s.a.p.!

Aug 6, 2008
slider

Just a fyi, once you go black....

I have the black mat version.

no more slippery iPhone.

it fits like a glove, and if the glove fits.

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
the invisible shield :(. tried it, went on with a little work looked good for 2 weeks then, it began to lift on the corners. getting ready to ship it back. don't do it.

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Something to keep in mind about the incase. Apple rep showed me his incase slider which he recommended to all his customers he deals with. I asked him if it was easy to get in and out of the case. He decides to show me how easy it is and to his surprise, his phone was scratched big time. he was completley surprise. I felt bad for the guy. it was a first gen i phone but i'm sure it still applies to the 3g. i tried to put one on my phone, no go for me. Don't want too mess up my phone as i plan to sell for the next gen. Im going invisible shield, imo it's very easy to put on. Mild Soap, 15 minutes to let the sides dry than they will stick permantley till you decide to take it off. Let it sit for the full 24 hours. Good to to :)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

molly

It is a good shield for iPhone. Can i order it in app store?

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Matt, you're going to be satisfied with the black slider case. I bought mine the day they were released and am more than happy I did.

As for removing the phone, I do it daily when I charge simply because I'd rather not allow it to get too hot. I do not have one scratch on it.

I actually used the Revo case for my v1 because I was paranoid of scratching my phone with a hard case. I will never go back to silicon cases again.

Also, apparently there were some issues with the fit of the white slider case. Incase has admitted the problem and was in the process of remanufacturing them a couple weeks ago.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Matt, you're going to be satisfied with the black slider case. I bought mine the day they were released and am more than happy I did.

As for removing the phone, I do it daily when I charge simply because I'd rather not allow it to get too hot. I do not have one scratch on it.

I actually used the Revo case for my v1 because I was paranoid of scratching my phone with a hard case. I will never go back to silicon cases again.

Also, apparently there were some issues with the fit of the white slider case. Incase has admitted the problem and was in the process of remanufacturing them a couple weeks ago.
I had the Revo for my v1 also. I liked it for drop protection, but for everything else it was a pain. My white incase slider arrived for my 3G on Saturday. So far, I love it. Fit is good. Looks good. Most importantly, my phone still looks and feels like an iPhone. I'm very pleased with my decision. :)

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Good for you kisstine... I'm sure you're going to love it! I was initially afraid it wouldn't offer enough protection but I've been less careless with my 3G than I was with the v1 phone. After having the slider case for a month or so I actually think my phone could go naked if it weren't for the slippery plastic back.

M

molly

It is a good product. Can you told me the online shop link again. Thanks.