Getting a new computer - need advise

DrG

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Hello all - I'm getting a new computer (currently in transit from the manufacturer). I need advise on what the best way to move/restore my iPhone iTunes to the new computer. Here's my situation: I have a modded 1.0.2 iPhone, filled with all the fun apps - I update using my current Windows xp laptop but I use my iBook for the calendar sync. Any advise on the best way to sync to my new laptop? I have an older version of iTunes, and would not like to update my old iPhone (or should I?) any takers?
Thanks!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Well, when you connect up to the new laptop, you can check the sync calendar and contacts and it will put all the calendar and contacts from your iPhone to the new PC. As for music, you'll have to manually do that unless you bought all your music from iTunes in which case you can transfer it using the iPhone.

Is there any reason you don't want to upgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? Both have been jailbroken and you can install 3rd party apps on both.

DrG

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Thanks for your reply. I guess I would have to transfer all my music - I guess the only reason why I'm not upgrading to 1.1.1 is because I don't want to risk messing up my perfectly working phone. I just don't have the time to troubleshoot the phone in case I mess up LOL! Humn...who knows, I could change my mind when my new computer gets here.

Well, when you connect up to the new laptop, you can check the sync calendar and contacts and it will put all the calendar and contacts from your iPhone to the new PC. As for music, you'll have to manually do that unless you bought all your music from iTunes in which case you can transfer it using the iPhone.

Is there any reason you don't want to upgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? Both have been jailbroken and you can install 3rd party apps on both.