Getting a new Mac book pro!

theraker007

New Member
Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
322
1
0
#1
Its time for a new laptop for me, my old dell is 5 yrs old now evn though its worked wonderfully (somehow) in that time.

I want to get a new macbook now that they can dual boot windows as well as the mac os x.

my question is though:
should i hold off until october to wait for the new OS? is it gonna be that significant of an improvement?
and secondly, i don't NEEEED the laptop until feb. but id like to get it asap, hehe, will the mac books be improved by then or is waiting from oct to feb pointless?
 
Jun 23, 2007
12
0
0
#2
If you start to wait, you'll begin a waiting game as in IT, once something is out, a newer one is always in the corner. But if you don't have an issue waiting, I guess its best you wait a few months till the Mac OS Leopard is out as by then you'll have it by default in your Macbook and won't have to pay as much money for an upgrade as you'd be doing.
 

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
1,029
1
38
San Francisco
#3
The MacBook Pro was just updated so this is a great time to buy. If you want Leopard, you can always buy it for $129 later. If not, Tiger is still wonderful.

I recently bought a MacBook Pro (2.2 SR) a few weeks ago and it's an absolutely incredible machine. I had no problem buying now knowing Leopard will be out semi-soon. I'm a Mac-head so I planned on buying Leopard anyway.:)
 
#5
I got my MBP 2.2 SR last week. I didn't get a chance to open it and use till yesterday and I have to say I love this thing, it's perfect!

It's my first Mac and it's really not that hard to learn to do things on. I got so interested in wanting to get one as soon as I got my iPhone. It just looks sexy sitting here next to my iPhone and my iPod.

I'll still use my two Windows Laptops, one is pretty new, the other is a 17" HP.

Anyways, Macs are cool!:cool:
 

Kabeyun

Member
Silver
Jan 10, 2007
665
0
16
Northeast US
#6
Its time for a new laptop for me, my old dell is 5 yrs old now evn though its worked wonderfully (somehow) in that time.

I want to get a new macbook now that they can dual boot windows as well as the mac os x.

my question is though:
should i hold off until october to wait for the new OS? is it gonna be that significant of an improvement?
and secondly, i don't NEEEED the laptop until feb. but id like to get it asap, hehe, will the mac books be improved by then or is waiting from oct to feb pointless?
The MBP is a great machine; I'm using a maxed-out 15" and I'm loving it (although I've been a Mac evangelist since '87, so I'm a little biased).

I'm not sure the "waiting game" applies to you in this case. You're not considering waiting for better & better specs, you're considering waiting a finite amount of time until a major OS upgrade comes along. Now, if Leopard is further delayed....

As long as purchasing the new OS is not an issue, if you want it, I'd say jump in now. Waiting will kill you.

Personally, I'm an enormous fan of Parallels Desktop as I can't stand dual booting. They're closing the gap on any remaining functional limitations (eg: plug-&-play USB compatibility has, to my knowledge, been addressed). PD can use the Windows installation on Boot Camp's partition, so you'd have a choice of rebooting or simply running Windows from the MacOS. If you do run Windows from a MacOS boot, be sure to have at least 2GB RAM, as each OS needs about a gig to run smoothly.

No matter how you slice it, you'll be happy. :cool:

-K
 

turbo187

New Member
Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
32
0
0
#8
I'm waiting until the new OS comes out. Not that long to wait. My powerbook will hold me over until then. :)
 

miamibusta69

New Member
Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
104
0
0
#9
why do i want to do what? sell it for 2400?

same reason my 8gig iPhone was was $300 ...some people do bad things i happen to know people who know them :p