Getting A Ringtone Off A Phone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I installed a ringtone on my phone using itoner. My girlfriend now wants that ringtone. I deleted the actual file from my computer containing the ringtone. Is there a way to get the ringtone off my phone and back on my computer, or email the ringtone from my phone? I have Squid installed but I can't seem to find the ringtone. I don't have any apps installed that will let me email the ringtone/mp3 file. Can someone help me out?
thanks
Joe

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I installed a ringtone on my phone using itoner. My girlfriend now wants that ringtone. I deleted the actual file from my computer containing the ringtone. Is there a way to get the ringtone off my phone and back on my computer, or email the ringtone from my phone? I have Squid installed but I can't seem to find the ringtone. I don't have any apps installed that will let me email the ringtone/mp3 file. Can someone help me out?
thanks
Joe
have you tried to install the "sendfile" app?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
thanks
Joe
Download and install MobileFinder. Using MobileFinder, navigate to:
/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones/

I don't use iToner, but that's the most logical place I assume the ringtones would be. The names of the ringtone files may have random characters and numbers. Using MobileFinder, just email the file to yourself.

Alternatively, you can use iBrickr or WinSCP (if on Windows) or Cyberduck (if on a Mac) to access these files.

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Download and install MobileFinder. Using MobileFinder, navigate to:
/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones/

I don't use iToner, but that's the most logical place I assume the ringtones would be. The names of the ringtone files may have random characters and numbers. Using MobileFinder, just email the file to yourself.

Alternatively, you can use iBrickr or WinSCP (if on Windows) or Cyberduck (if on a Mac) to access these files.
Got it!
Thanks!