Getting air bubbles out of the Revo2 screen protector

Aug 4, 2008
Just got the Iskin revo2 tonight for the wife's iPhone 3g, but I'm having a hell of a time getting airbubbles out.

It makes the screen look dirty as heck. Is there any trick to getting these air bubble free?

I'm going bananas with it.

Thanks in advance.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Try using a plastic card (debit, credit card) to squeeze the major bubbles out and let the little ones sit a few days and hope that that they "cure". Think of it as window tint, right after its done, there are still bubbles in the tint, but they cure after a few days and disappear

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Does the Revo2 come with the "privacy" film? I hated that film on the original Revo.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
gah! all these screen protectors are so annoying! *sigh*

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
When you applied it, you should have applied it slowly, removing any air bubbles as you go along.

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
If you are looking for a good screen protector, go for the Apple crystal film or the anti glare. They are easy to apply and look and feel really good. If you are willing to go through the process, i HIGHLY recommend the Bestskinsever film, its 10 dollars for the full body skin. They have a nice replacement policy, but make sure you keep your order number because they will request it when asking for a replacement. Its just like Invisible Sheild, but you don't have to pay anything, no shipping. So you get 2 full sets for the cost of 10 dollars.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I hate the privacy film. There is no curing with that film and they won't just disappear.

Aug 4, 2008
I'm going to order the bestskinever screen only skin. Since I have the Iskin revo2 case, I really only need the screen protected.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
If you are looking for a good screen protector, go for the Apple crystal film or the anti glare.
+1 for the screen protectors that are sold through Apple. They're called Power Support. I have the crystal ones on both my V1 and 3G. I tried these Casemate ones through the AT&T store and they were awful. (that was just a convenience thing-one stop shopping) Went through a few that made awful bubbling that looked almost like it ruined the screen! Then finally the last one was okay, but started to curl up. Decided to replace them with tried & true, and the 3G looks great now. Luckily I was in the direction of the Apple Store, so I picked them up, but would have ordered just as easily!

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
crystal film is the best. i've been wanting one for some time, but always get busy the last minute or go to the store and they're sold out. and also, i want the new black marware sport grip for the 3G but the Apple store is ALWAYS sold out when i go :(
RATHER depressing if you ask me. i want to and probably will order one online though i just hate knowing that i cant get one at my local Apple store =/