getting bad 3G reception when i'm at home

Jul 28, 2008
when i'm at home or inside anywhere, it seems like the 3g gets very little or no reception. it took about a minute for me to send a text and the internet is super slow. but when i turn on my WIFI it runs faster. is there anyway around this? please help. i just bought this iPhone yesterday and other then then reception problems, i love this phone so much. :)

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I'm currently at one bar of 3G, but my texts send/receive quick and calls sound just fine...may just be the area you're in

Jul 28, 2008
I'm currently at one bar of 3G, but my texts send/receive quick and calls sound just fine...may just be the area you're in
thats what i thought, like i said if i'm under WIFI it works great, but god other then this, this phone is the best.

Jul 28, 2008
just to double check, theres not additional charge to use WIFI right?

<~~~~~~~~~~ embarrassed

Jul 14, 2008
when i'm at home or inside anywhere, it seems like the 3g gets very little or no reception. it took about a minute for me to send a text and the internet is super slow. but when i turn on my WIFI it runs faster. is there anyway around this? please help. i just bought this iPhone yesterday and other then then reception problems, i love this phone so much. :)
3G signals are different than edge and your homes WiFi. They have a harder time making it through the walls of your house and so this is why allot of us will not get 3G while at home or at work.

I can get 3G, up to 3 bars while in a back room in my house but as soon as I leave that room, my phone reverts back to edge.

I have my high speed cable internet while I am home so I don't mind no 3G just as long as I have 3G anywhere else I go to and I do.

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
3G signals are different than edge and your homes WiFi. They have a harder time making it through the walls of your house and so this is why allot of us will not get 3G while at home or at work.

I can get 3G, up to 3 bars while in a back room in my house but as soon as I leave that room, my phone reverts back to edge.

I have my high speed cable internet while I am home so I don't mind no 3G just as long as I have 3G anywhere else I go to and I do.
Thanks for that info. Exactlty what occurs in my home.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Same issue pretty much everywhere. Not a big deal to me, since I have Wifi indoors most of the time. Just turn 3G off when indoors.

Jul 28, 2008

yes same here, thanks for the info dude. :) love this website by the way

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Funny, with my other phone I had dropped calls and very low reception in my room. With the 3G, it's MUCH better.