Getting copy of iPhone sent email into Thunderbird

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rainbow_dog, Dec 13, 2012.

1. rainbow_dog

rainbow_dog New Member

What I can't figure out is how to get a copy of email sent from my iPhone into the appropriate folder in Thunderbird on my PC.

I have 2 email accounts, 1 is a gmail acct and 1 is through my website domain, which is currently hosted on Bluehost.

The majority of my email activities take place via Thunderbird, which in on my PC.

I have both accts set up on my iPhone. When I send an email from my phone, I can't find a copy anywhere.

There must be a way to automate this--please tell me how!

TIA

2. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

First, make sure your Gmail is set up using Exchange on your iPhone rather than IMAP. Then in Settings|Mail, Contact... select your Gmail account. At the bottom tap on Mail folders to push and make sure Sent Items is selected (plus others if desired).

Then in Thunderbird check Tools|Account Settings. Make sure your Synchronization and Copies and Folders are set as desired.

3. rainbow_dog

rainbow_dog New Member

And how do I accomplish this with the other (non-gmail) account?

4. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

If its IMAP rather than POP3 you should be able to go to ADVANCED in iPhone Mail settings for it and change the setting for Sent mail to point to your Sent folder on the Server rather than on iPhone. I don't think you can do so on POP3 because it only 'gets' mail form your inbox; messages aren't stored on the server, only locally.