Getting cut

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 18, 2007
I bought a Airport exreme router this weekend with my rebate. Now when I talk on the iPhone I hear a beep and my connection is cut off even with wifi off. Could the router be doing this? Thanks

Aug 30, 2007
Bothell, WA
I'm probably of no help but did you try unplugging the router while making a call to see if that helps? Maybe do a few calls with it unplugged. If it still happens then it's probably not the router. I also bought one with my credit and have not had any problems like that.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I bought a Airport exreme router this weekend with my rebate. Now when I talk on the iPhone I hear a beep and my connection is cut off even with wifi off. Could the router be doing this? Thanks
First I will just say that there is almost no chance of your router cutting off your call.

Personally I have 2 airport expresses and one airport extreme and I don't think I've ever dropped a call. This beep you talk of before it hangs up, is it the regular "beep beep beep" the phone makes whenever a call is over or is it some other kind of beep?

A good move would be to do what the above poster said and try making calls without the router in and see if you still have the problem....

I'm still very skeptical of a router causing iPhones to drop signal...

Aug 18, 2007
I want to thank you for your replies.
I found out that the router was not the problem but I am too embarrassed to elaborate. Thanks again.