Getting edge to work on my 3G

silver-ek

Feb 1, 2009
I have had my 3g for a while now I didn't star having problems until I accidentally updated my software to 2.2.1! Now I have my new turbo sim and jailbroke it again but I can't seem to get my edge to work.. I used epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com and neither work. Maybe someone can help.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have had my 3g for a while now I didn't star having problems until I accidentally updated my software to 2.2.1! Now I have my new turbo sim and jailbroke it again but I can't seem to get my edge to work.. I used epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com and neither work. Maybe someone can help.
Have you tried restore/re-jailbreak? Always remember these jailbreak and unlock mess up something in your iPhone!

silver-ek

Feb 1, 2009
How can jailbreaking mess up the phone I had it jailbroken before and no problems but this new firmware is the trouble! I think I am just going to sell It. I love the phone but it's just too much problems to have it on tmobile and AT&T cost to much.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Have you tried restore/re-jailbreak? Always remember these jailbreak and unlock mess up something in your iPhone!
And you have what experience to prove that erroneous statement?

Jailbreak does nothing to the phone but put the exact same ISPW firmware that Apple uses on the phone with a few tweaks that add cydia, and other jailbroken functions. The ISPW is what Apple releases to the public when a new update is available...the dev team simply edits a few minor things and then releases their custom ISPW to the public.

Saying Jailbreaking messes things up is the same as saying the firmware you updated to from Apple messes things up. So for future reference don't push your opinion of "Always remember these jailbreak and unlock mess up something in your iPhone!" Because A) that statement is False B) Not always C) Just because maybe you had a bad experience, or probably never Jailbroke doesn't mean others should or will.

As far as the unlock. The OP states he is using a turbo sim. Those are like a 50/50 thing. Sometimes they work sometimes they fail i don't understand the turbo sims, i just know you'll have more luck with other means. Try using YellowSn0w to remain unlocked. There is a tutorial on iClarified.com.

Try everything you can before you jump ship from the phone. A Simple restore to 2.2 then jailbreak and unlock with yellowSn0w and you should be good to go.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Guy's - get down to the earth! I'm just trying to help out here.... ;)

When you mess with the Firmware (jailbreak), - you mess with the iPhone's system!

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Guy's - get down to the earth! I'm just trying to help out here.... ;)

When you mess with the Firmware (jailbreak), - you mess with the iPhone's system!
Actually, we're not messing about in the Firmware. The dev team did that already. We pretty much download (quickpwn) It uploads custom firmwares and cydia, then we just download whatever.

Jailbreaking is no different that hacking a chess computer to play very hard instead of easy. Still the same game, limited by the same moves...you just want more from it.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Actually, we're not messing about in the Firmware. The dev team did that already. We pretty much download (quickpwn) It uploads custom firmwares and cydia, then we just download whatever.

Jailbreaking is no different that hacking a chess computer to play very hard instead of easy. Still the same game, limited by the same moves...you just want more from it.
Yeah - you're right! You can't mess with the Firmware, because it's already messed up by somebody like the Dev Team! You're downloading something that's not original firmware by Apple - because someone (Dev..) messed it up! When I see someone writing "custom firmware" I think - they cracked something in the OS/system/firmware....to mess something up to use it like they like it to be....or something like that ;)

Let me say it again - jailbreaking is hacking!