getting email

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rpj795

Aug 1, 2007
I know that the iPhone doesn't have true push email but mine doesn't even check every 15 mins when i have the tab checked. is anyone else having that problem? I currently have the check every 15 mins tab checked and there are times where i won't check unless i do it manually. Am I missing something?

davenport

Jun 21, 2007
email

I know that the iPhone doesn't have true push email but mine doesn't even check every 15 mins when i have the tab checked. is anyone else having that problem? I currently have the check every 15 mins tab checked and there are times where i won't check unless i do it manually. Am I missing something?
Actually the iPhone does have a true push email client. If you set up a yahoo account, then any email sent to your yahoo account will be pushed to the phone. So If you have any other email accounts like for instance, Gmail. Just go itno your gmail settings on your computer and hit the forward email option. Then have your gmail forwarded to your yahoo account. The result; all your gmail will be pushed to your iPhone theu your yahoo account. Its actually quite awsome!
I must admit though I have been having some issuses with my push mail since the update. My yahoo pushes sometimes and other times I have to check manually. Before the update my yahoo push worked flawlessly! So Im hoping that Apple is busy at work trying to get this problem fixed.

rpj795

Aug 1, 2007
Actually the iPhone does have a true push email client. If you set up a yahoo account, then any email sent to your yahoo account will be pushed to the phone. So If you have any other email accounts like for instance, Gmail. Just go itno your gmail settings on your computer and hit the forward email option. Then have your gmail forwarded to your yahoo account. The result; all your gmail will be pushed to your iPhone theu your yahoo account. Its actually quite awsome!
I must admit though I have been having some issuses with my push mail since the update. My yahoo pushes sometimes and other times I have to check manually. Before the update my yahoo push worked flawlessly! So Im hoping that Apple is busy at work trying to get this problem fixed.
i have both a yahoo and a gmail account. the yahoo is not pushing and the gmail account does not get checked every 15 min. now that you bring it up it may have started after the update.