Getting frustrated...can't sync music.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
OK, so I already have some music on my iPhone, but I want to add more. iTunes keeps telling me that in order to add music to my iPhone it will delete anything that's already on the phone. Problem is, all my PURCHASED songs from iTunes have disappeared since yesterday! WTH?

Thanks In Advanced.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Do you have manually managed music checked or have you ever used this?

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
OK, so I already have some music on my iPhone, but I want to add more. iTunes keeps telling me that in order to add music to my iPhone it will delete anything that's already on the phone. Problem is, all my PURCHASED songs from iTunes have disappeared since yesterday! WTH?

Thanks In Advanced.
Have you backed-up since purchasing the songs that are missing? Do you see them in your iTunes library but just not on the phone? If yes, then I'd be inclined to proceed with the sync.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
I think I have done a back up---however, the songs that I purchased I have on the iPhone but now they are mysteriously missing from the iTunes library!

And now that I have tried to check the "sync manually" it's telling me that my phone is synced with ANOTHER iTunes library and can't be synced with this one without ERASING IT!

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I think I have done a back up---however, the songs that I purchased I have on the iPhone but now they are mysteriously missing from the iTunes library!
What about in the playlists? Is there a "purchased on my iPhone" playlist in your iTunes? Are they listed there? Have you tried rebooting your computer?

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
OK, I'm going to back up and see what happes. Worse comes to worse, i will burn all 3K songs from the other ipod and rip them into iTunes. UGH! I love this phone, but jeeze it's a pain in my hiney sometimes!

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
What about in the playlists? Is there a "purchased on my iPhone" playlist in your iTunes? Are they listed there? Have you tried rebooting your computer?
Haven't checked that. I am backing it up right now to see what happens. Like I said, worst case scenario, I burn everything that was originally on this iPhone (pod) and rip it back onto it after it deletes everything.

Thank you so much for your help!