Getting frustrated with 2.0

Fran

Mar 6, 2008
Ok, i was happy(ish) with 1.4 and ventured into the pre-release of 2.0 only to go 'official' 2.0 last night. Im starting to experience major bugs in the software now.

1. Wi-Fi - I have a secured home network and using 1.4 never - i mean NEVER had to re-input password for network. Now any time i brows app store for period of time i have to keep re-inputting my network password (Not im not getting confused with iTunes p/w here).:mad::mad::mad:

2. Phone Lock - Has anyone else noticed you cannot leave the phone without locking itself, every 5 mins and settings do not allow me to turn this off!:mad::mad::mad:

It is getting to the stage where i am getting seriously pXssed off with having to regularly unlock my phone and re-enter password for my home hub. Im pretty clued up on all this IT stuff and apps aside (Which i could get on J/B 1.4) i am sick of these inconveniences.

Had to get this off my chest

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Ok, i was happy(ish) with 1.4 and ventured into the pre-release of 2.0 only to go 'official' 2.0 last night. Im starting to experience major bugs in the software now.

1. Wi-Fi - I have a secured home network and using 1.4 never - i mean NEVER had to re-input password for network. Now any time i brows app store for period of time i have to keep re-inputting my network password (Not im not getting confused with iTunes p/w here).:mad::mad::mad:

2. Phone Lock - Has anyone else noticed you cannot leave the phone without locking itself, every 5 mins and settings do not allow me to turn this off!:mad::mad::mad:

It is getting to the stage where i am getting seriously pXssed off with having to regularly unlock my phone and re-enter password for my home hub. Im pretty clued up on all this IT stuff and apps aside (Which i could get on J/B 1.4) i am sick of these inconveniences.

First go to your wifi settings on your iPhone and select you network then select forget this network.

Try resetting your wifi by unplugging the power cable on your wireless router for at least 10 seconds and then replugging.

Now let wifi search for new networks, find yours, and enter the passkey one last time.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com

1. Wi-Fi - I have a secured home network and using 1.4 never - i mean NEVER had to re-input password for network. Now any time i brows app store for period of time i have to keep re-inputting my network password (Not im not getting confused with iTunes p/w here).

2. Phone Lock - Has anyone else noticed you cannot leave the phone without locking itself, every 5 mins and settings do not allow me to turn this off!

I hear ya. I went back to 1.1.4 on my V1, after an insufferable three hours with 2.0. :mad: