Getting iNdependence to open

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

guitarpik

Nov 25, 2007
My friend tried to downgrade her 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 last night. She got as far as the step where you open independence to wake the phone up, but she kept getting an error saying that it wasn't compatible with iTunes 7.5.

Anyone know how to get iNdependence open so she can wake up the phone and continue with the process?

Thanks!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Always read the manual before you start! lol.

Either download and install an older version of iTunes - from oldapps.com maybe, or pm me an email address and I'll send you some interesting files

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
My friend tried to downgrade her 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 last night. She got as far as the step where you open independence to wake the phone up, but she kept getting an error saying that it wasn't compatible with iTunes 7.5.

Anyone know how to get iNdependence open so she can wake up the phone and continue with the process?

Thanks!
You need to get an older version of iTunes (v7.42 is the best and newest that works with iNdependence).

Link to Download (I can't direct link as it's a voilation of forum rules) Just scroll down and choose v7.42. These are all Mac versions.

Sirius389

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
New Jersey
if you downloaded iNdependence from the google code source and read the file it tells you to get the mobiledevice framework from version 7.4.2 and use the app to locate it and iNdependence and it should run fine, i have iTunes 7.5 and iNdependence beta