Getting iPhone camera pics off

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
So I take all these cool little pictures, but now I can't do anything, but view them and send them from the iPhone.

I was in a pinch so I just e-mailed each of them to myself (turning off e-mail to iPhone) and just got them like that to my computer. Any other way then that through iTunes or another piece of free software?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
yeah there is. download fotomat
im not sure how it works or even how it got on my computer but every time i plug in my iPhone to my computer it treats it liek a camera and ask what i would like to do (View photos, Print photoes, ect.) and when i click view photos this application Fotomat which i don't even remember ever downloading pops up and shows all teh photos tooken with my iPhone and i can easily copy them off of there.
hope this helps you and i fyou have any questions with the fotomat software i really have no idea because i did not touch any of the seettings to get it to automaticly get pics form my iPhone.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
When I plug in my iPhone on my PC, I get a little window asking if I want to launch Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard. From there, I can export the photos. Or, if you click on My Computer, the "Apple iPhone" is listed under the Scanners and Printers category.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
So I take all these cool little pictures, but now I can't do anything, but view them and send them from the iPhone.

I was in a pinch so I just e-mailed each of them to myself (turning off e-mail to iPhone) and just got them like that to my computer. Any other way then that through iTunes or another piece of free software?
If you're on a Mac you can unload them via iPhoto. Not sure on a PC.

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
When I plug in my iPhone on my PC, I get a little window asking if I want to launch Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard. From there, I can export the photos. Or, if you click on My Computer, the "Apple iPhone" is listed under the Scanners and Printers category.
I'm running Vista and I also get the Apple iPhone listed under Cameras.
I can click it and open it and view all the picture files inside the DCIM folder.
I can copy new pictures by dragging them out of the folder, but I can't drag files into it.

I tried to get the photos from my iPhone to iPhoto and the transfer did not work. I got a message about an unknown file type (.JPG) which is kind of crazy and it said the photo were in a var/temp directory on the iPhone. It also seems like my laptop is taking up 100 processor usage at the same time. Anyone know what could be going on?

SingleDouble

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Sorry if this has been covered, can't find the answer via search but:

How do I turn off the auto sync with iPhoto every time I connect the bloody thing. Drives me nuts!

Thanks!

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Plug in your iPhone.

Click on your iPhone in iTunes under Devices.

Uncheck - Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected.

Done.

Also click on the Tab Photos, to adjust what folders get Synced.

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I just plugged in my iPhone to my MacBook for the first time. (I normally sync and use it with my PC)
Before doing so, I clicked on iTunes preferences and clicked on the iPhone icon and checked. Do not sync automatically with any iPhone on this computer.

My iPhoto'08 loaded up and was ready to import my iPhones pictures to my iPhoto Library.

On my PC, when I plug it in, I can access the pictures like any digital camera, but I can't edit or delete them.

BTW, I use the new iTunes 7.4 released this morning and I saw a RingTone tab for the iPhone.

Ches415

Sep 3, 2007

I just plugged in my iPhone to my MacBook for the first time. (I normally sync and use it with my PC)
Before doing so, I clicked on iTunes preferences and clicked on the iPhone icon and checked. Do not sync automatically with any iPhone on this computer.

My iPhoto'08 loaded up and was ready to import my iPhones pictures to my iPhoto Library.

On my PC, when I plug it in, I can access the pictures like any digital camera, but I can't edit or delete them.

BTW, I use the new iTunes 7.4 released this morning and I saw a RingTone tab for the iPhone.

Hmm, I'm guessing that its a iLife 08 thing. I got my macbook last year, so that seems to be the only thing different.

So I'm assuming that for the PC, you also clicked "Do no sync auto..." under preferences? My PC doesn't recognize my iPhone as a camera. (I'm running XP)

I really don't wana upgrade to 08, Apple's been getting greedy with the phone..

SingleDouble

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Despite taking Leslie's tips into account, I cannot get iPhoto to stop launching a sync every time I charge my phone. Anybody get this to stop?

:(

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Despite taking Leslie's tips into account, I cannot get iPhoto to stop launching a sync every time I charge my phone. Anybody get this to stop?

:(
On a Mac, go to your Applications folder and launch Image Capture. Go to Preferences and set the action to take when connecting a camera to none.

Ches415

Sep 3, 2007
I got it to work on PC per Leslie,

Thanks for Mac instructions.

Make sure on the summary tab, the boxes to auto sync are not clicked.