Getting iPod touch later today do i need a wireless router ?

tooge

Jul 2, 2008
yes im getting an iPod touch and i don't have my own wireless router .... so can i still connect to internet using the built in wi-fi alone ?

if you need to know from reading other posts that i didn't quite get ( im not all the techo-geeky ) i do have a USB port ( well like 3 ) and some SD card slots and some other weird slots i have no idea what are for ...

anyways reply soon

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
unless your neighbors have wifi routers (AND they are okay with you connecting to their wifi network), you will indeed need a wireless router to broadcast your internet connection in your home so that your ipod touch can connect to it.

tooge

Jul 2, 2008
so basically i cant have internet for a while unless i convince my mom to also get me a wireless router as part of my grad gift ( and i have used my neighbours wifi with my PSP without permission .... yes im an idiot but they don't really care much )

i just wanna know if ill get sued for using there wi-fi :eek::(

oh yes and its nor Gr12 grad ( gr 9 ) thats why its a small gift...just so no one thinks their cheap

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
u can get sued for anything but why do u need to use the internet on the touch at home?

don't you have more that one computer?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I suggest you buy a router - you'll have a better signal, the closer the router is to you. However, if you can't get the router, talk to your neighbors and ask them if it's okay to be suing their WiFi.

- John

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL