Getting Music On the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lizerdking

Jul 2, 2007
With my nano i was able to drag music from windows explorere into iTunes directly onto the ipod..

The new version of iTunes or the iPhone doesn't allow this? I don't want to sync my whole music collection as it's not going to fit on the iPhone and i just want to pick and choose what i put on it...

I was able to get 1 song on it by adding just that one song to my libarary and doing a sync, but once the song was added it appears locked, I if I click on
-Devices
--Adams iPhone
---Music

The one sone listed is grayed out and won't let me change any information on it.

Help?!/@#$?

c1ockwerk

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
im having the same problem im searching for solutions on this. I also started a thread on the windows forums thinking it might have to do with iTunes, i don't know

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Why don't you just load all your songs into iTunes just like everybody else? Dragging from Windows Explorer seems like going around your elbow to get to your thumb.

Have you ever used iTunes the normal way? Put your music in your iTunes directory and you should have to do this. If you don't want some songs on your iPhone, just uncheck the songs in your music library in iTunes.

redeye93

Jul 2, 2007
I was wondering the same thing. The problem is I have more than 3500 songs in my iTunes library. 14gbs worth. I thought that I would be able to just drag and drop what albums I wanted from my library and be able to change them out when I was ready, but it doesn't do that. What I did was make a playlist of the album I wanted and just added that playlist to be synced. I wouldn't want to sync my whole library to iPhone anyways. Just want to take certain things when I want to. Playlist is the only way to do it right now that I've found.

direktor

Jun 26, 2007
Having used iTunes from the beginning, the best way to solve this problem is to attach metadata to your songs so you can use smart playlists to decide what goes on the smaller device (Shuffle, Nano, iPhone).

In my case, I rate all my music. Yes, sometimes it's a pain, but it allows me to make sure I have all my fav stuff wherever I want it, without having to micromanage it. I also have a smart playlist for recent, which includes everything I've added in the last 6 months...that one makes sure everything I've gotten recently is also on the device in question.

Point is, you can make that criteria whatever you want...and THEN make sure that playlist is synced to your phone.

TruePlaya

Jul 9, 2007
Having used iTunes from the beginning, the best way to solve this problem is to attach metadata to your songs so you can use...
the only problem with that is you can only sync ipods with one PCee/Mac which blows when I have multiple computers with multiple opportunities to put music/video on this thing. Plus I have over 300GB worth of music and create playlists on different computers.

Syncing suks! If someone finds a fix please post!