Getting My iPhone Tonight..

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
and i have some questoins yes i searched but since u guys have more expericence with the thing i would like to take advice from yall.

first off what softwares do u recommend getting for the phone itslef?
how would i go about installing them.

2nd ringtones? how would i go about putting them on the phone?

im not really worried about the icons and other things but wallpaper how would i get one to show up in the main screen of the phone?

also AIM. whats the best cilent to use. im thinking mobilechat but have no idea if it uses SMS or data.

Thanks for all your replies guys. hope tyo be on the forum more often now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Welcome.

Go to modmyiPhone to learn about how to mod your iPhone.
They have everything you need to know there.

use beejive.com for your chatting.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Welcome to Everything iPhone.

1) There have so far only been 2 software releases by Apple. However, you can mod your phone. Moding iPhone is legal as of now, just frowned upon.

2) Apple is releasing a ringtone maker in iTunes next week. There you will be able to make custom ringtones from your songs for $0.98. Also, ringtones can be made my moding your iPhone.

3) That's all mods, which I don't do.

4) No idea.

Warning before you decide to mod your iPhone: Moding is legal, but it can brick your phone, or make it completely useless. In the case of bricking, you will have to buy a new phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
1.) No nattive software is avilable on the iPhone (unless you mod it) This means all programs are done through the web and are not impressive.

2.) Use ibrickr

3.) Again modmyiPhone.com Simplest way in my opinion is to use ibrickr and install "installer.app" onto the iPhone....from there you can install all kinds of Apps from NES to voice recording and others at will. you can also delete them all without a computer.

4.) I use apolloIM (found through Installer.app after using ibrickr) WOrks really well and plays sounds and/or vibrates when someone replies. It even shows up as a popup on the icon in the main menu screen kinda like an email or voicemail. This will not use SMS points

Good luck and welcome. iPhone is fun!:)

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Your first accomplishment will be getting it "activated".

Start there first.

Welcome aboard!

JD

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
activating iPhone now.
thanks for the replies guys.

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
activated. edited? idk why but ok.

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
You might want to edit your last post.

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
sry about that guys.
but um ok.
do i need to install ibrickr to get installer on my phone?