Getting my iTunes back

paulnic

Aug 16, 2008
I had a large list of iTunes on my Mac and iPhone.
When trying to remove the files from an old 2g phone, I lost all the songs on my mac. iTunes says they are missing and where should it find them? They don't seem to be on the computer.

However they are already present on the iPhone, so HOW do I transfer those files to the Mac? If I try to sync all music I gat a warning that the phone will be wiped clean.

Any ideas?

paulnic

Aug 16, 2008
Do NOT sync your library with the iPhone until you have followed these steps, otherwise you will lose ALL of your music, from the computer as well as the iPhone.

Try following the steps outlined at this website and it should work for you.
http://www.cnet.com/1990-7899_1-6477981-1.html
Many thanks. I will look into that. There are a few snags though:-

1. It is an iPhone and not an ipod. I am not sure the iPhone has the facility to be used as a drive.

2. I am using an Apple mac - so I don't think the file format will be compatible with windows.

I note that in the help text in the Apple version of iTunes that reference is made to cutting and pasting from an ipod but states that this is not available for the iPhone. - I expect its some silly hurdle introduced by Apple!

But maybe someone knows different?

JRock0409

Sep 8, 2008
Did you get an answer re: iPhone? I am having the same problem. I had to trash iTunes on my computer and reinstall b/c of a sync-link problem. Now all the music and videos on my iPhone are stuck there and I need to put them back on my iTunes on my Mac Air.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Purple Ghost has software that is compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch. Purple Ghost pulls the music, videos and etc. backwards from your iPhone or iPod touch and places the content back in iTunes. The version you need is Purple Ghost 2.4....Mark