Getting new phone from Apple

cmhatter

Jun 10, 2008
I went into the Apple store and checked out a couple of the 3g's and compared their screens to mine. They looked brighter and had a cooler tint to me. I spoke with an employee and they recommended an appointment. I came back the next day for my appointment and looked at the phones and mine looked better then most of them at the store this time... The guy who took care of my appointment said he'd order me a brand new phone.

Are they phones coming in brand new or refurbs?

I know a lot of people are complaining about battery life. Mine works well, my battery dominates. However the yellowish tint and low brightness bothers me... Should I take the new phone or keep mine?

Opinions?

AppleHead

Aug 3, 2008
hey cmhatter
The new color difference that you notice is intentional and designed to make images look even better on the iPhone 3G.

As far as getting a refurb or a new phone, the contract that you agreed to when you first activated your phone states that you may get a refurb if replacement is required.

Should you get a new phone? That is your call and mainly personal opinion, if you like the 2g I would keep it

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
hey cmhatter
The new color difference that you notice is intentional and designed to make images look even better on the iPhone 3G.

As far as getting a refurb or a new phone, the contract that you agreed to when you first activated your phone states that you may get a refurb if replacement is required.

Should you get a new phone? That is your call and mainly personal opinion, if you like the 2g I would keep it
correct me if im wrong but he was talking about his iPhone 3G not v1 iPhone. he was comparing them to the other 3gs in the store and his 3g's screen looked less bright, ect..

i don't see how it can bother much unless your always gonna have one of those 3gs from the Apple store floating by your side rubbing it in your face that its quite brighter. idk if you tried it but maybe try turning off auto brightness and maybe it will get brighter. if your battery life is dominating like youd say id stick with your current one because from many of the post here coming across one of those is lucky. because you never know what if you get a new one and the screens how you like it but the batterys not as good.