Getting past the Apple

Kookiesan

Jul 3, 2009
So I recently deactivated my AT&T service for my iPhone, buuuut I'm trying to just get it to the iPod part of the phone. Now, once they deactivated I figured that it would just be the same minus the calling service. But after they did it I tried turning my iPhone on but all that happened was the silver Apple shows up for 10/15 seconds then the screen just goes blank. I don't understand why. Anyone know how to get past that?

Thanks,

Kookie-san

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Try putting it in DFU mode and restoring it in iTunes. Jailbreaking it will activate it and then you can use it for everything minus the phone features.

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
Just out of curiosity, what prompted you to purchase an iPhone, then only use it as, basically, an iPod Touch? Wouldn't it have been cheaper (and less of a hassle) to buy an iPod Touch instead? Or am I missing something?

Kookiesan

Jul 3, 2009
Just out of curiosity, what prompted you to purchase an iPhone, then only use it as, basically, an iPod Touch? Wouldn't it have been cheaper (and less of a hassle) to buy an iPod Touch instead? Or am I missing something?
I used to have the phone service but found a cheaper service. :)

Kookiesan

Jul 3, 2009
Try putting it in DFU mode and restoring it in iTunes. Jailbreaking it will activate it and then you can use it for everything minus the phone features.
How would I put it DFU Mode?