Getting prompted for iTunes password for free apps

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Rafagon, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I thought that the App Store wasn't gonna ask for your password when downloading free apps. I'm still getting asked for it. I also got asked for the password when I went to the iBookstore to download a free ebook.

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Thought it was still required for update purposes.

3. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Yeah I think Apple changed something because for free apps you still need a password but at least for updates you don't need to put in your password. I had heard that you would not need to put in a password for free apps over the summer but I guess in the final release Apple changed their mind.

4. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Any new app download be it free or pay requires a password. Updates no longer require passwords. You can go into your device settings and choose " allow 15 minutes before asking for password". This will eliminate the need to enter passwords between app purchases for 15 minutes after you enter your initial password.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I couldn't find it. I looked under Settings > iTunes and App Stores which seemed like the logical place for it.

6. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Settings// general// restrictions // require password.

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I'm glad they still require the password for new apps. That makes it so my kids have to come see me before adding anything to my iPad or iPhone.