Getting ready for 4th iPhone from bad batteries

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
First iPhone had dead pixels
Second iPhone had a bad battery, roughly 2 hours of video/internet usage
Third iPhone (the one I have now), even worse battery! I get maybe 15 min talk time, 20 min internet, and 10 min music. And it has 5 dead pixels!

I am getting ready for my fourth iPhone but I worry about another bad battery. Could I be doing something wrong? I mean, I have to charge this thing by NOON everyday.

(To add more annoyance I just put on my damn BestSkinsEver and the phone sucks. Now I gotta try and bargain with them to send me another skin for my next replacement phone.)

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
my battery started out bad. really bad. I was patient though and it paid off for me. I can use my phone all day and not worry about it dying before I get home. I am not saying that this will work for everyone but it worked for me. I did nothing and the battery came around from being dead by noon to still being fully charged at noon.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Third iPhone (the one I have now), even worse battery! I get maybe 15 min talk time, 20 min internet, and 10 min music. And it has 5 dead pixels!

I am getting ready for my fourth iPhone but I worry about another bad battery. Could I be doing something wrong? I mean, I have to charge this thing by NOON everyday.

(To add more annoyance I just put on my damn BestSkinsEver and the phone sucks. Now I gotta try and bargain with them to send me another skin for my next replacement phone.)
I think you need to think positive when you return it. I bet you go to the store thinking "damn, I'm gonna get another bad battery". Your fear of getting another messed up iPhone is exactly why you get a messed up iPhone.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I think you need to think positive when you return it. I bet you go to the store thinking "damn, I'm gonna get another bad battery". Your fear of getting another messed up iPhone is exactly why you get a messed up iPhone.
Haha, you are so right! It's like how the more afraid you are of a bee, the more likely it is to sting you right?

CWUalex

Aug 14, 2007
Did they just replace your phone when it had dead pixels? Or did they try to repair it?

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Did they just replace your phone when it had dead pixels? Or did they try to repair it?
I took mine in for a bad battery but they (the Apple store) would only exchange within 14 days so I sent it out for repair and rented a phone for 30 dollars. I hope they send me a new one because mine has some scratches .

Aug 15, 2007

You're not alone. I'm on my 5th iPhone as of yesterday. 2 taken back for dead pixel issues and 2 for dead batteries. The Apple reps I have talked to, at least the ones at the store I go to, have told me to never be afraid to bring in the phone if I have any issues or not satisfied, no matter what # phone I am on. I know it sucks feeling like "that guy" (I know I did), but you paid $600+ for a device that should work as advertised.