Getting ready for iPhone 2

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I recently sold my iPhone to get ready for the release of the new iPhone. Now I am using the Palm Centro which is troublesome compared to the iPhone. So guess I will now wait for June 9th. Anyone else preparing for the new iPhone 2 by selling your iPhone 1?

alejovh1

May 22, 2008
I sold mine and I have been using a razor for two weeks now until today. I took my wife's iPhone and gave her the razor until the new one comes out!

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Don't wanna sound rude, but so many people have been making the same thread over and over again on this topic. Maybe add to the similar one next time.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Just thought I would see what others were doing.

wendycharles

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
my husband and I are waiting for the new iPhone but i'm keeping my old one until the day....

Autumnoel

May 17, 2008
Hollywood, FL
The original iPhone was the first of its kind, a small piece of tech history. It's a keeper for me.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
The original iPhone was the first of its kind, a small piece tech history. It's a keeper for me.

I feel the same way. I still have the box and everything (except for the lil micro fiber cloth) Imma gonna put it on display some how.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Im using a blackjack 2, and I hate it! No touchscreen. I am having iPhoneish withdrawls.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I feel the same way. I still have the box and everything (except for the lil micro fiber cloth) Imma gonna put it on display some how.
I currently have mine on display on eBay, but if it doesn't sell, I have no qualms about keeping it.

And I still have my microfiber cleaning cloth...:p

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I believe there are several selling iPhones on Ebay getting ready for the second generation.. Cant hardly wait:)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I would love to sell my current iPhone to buy the new one, but one, my kids would kill me because they all want it even though they are all on verizon, and second, I could not stand to be without my iPhone. Plus I am not 100% sure I want the new one, it depends on the features, 3g isn't enough reason for me.

Autumnoel

May 17, 2008
Hollywood, FL
Lol. I also still have all the packaging in prestine condition. Even the bag. It's like a little time capsule. Funny to think the first iPhone will soon be a relic. My guess is that will be between the 15th-20th of June. And I'm sick with anticipation.

tobey

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I've been contemplating selling mine in anticipation of the new model, but what if it doesn't come out June 9th? What if it's July 9th, or August 9th? What if it's $600 again at release? There's a lot of us riding on speculation. My iPhone is in pristine condition as it's been cased with a screen cover since day 1, and I have the box, receipt, and everything just as the day I bought it. It's not jailbroken, but it seems like they are fetching decent money on eBay.

What are you guys doing to prepare? Is there some sort of data backup? What about the SIM - do you sell that with the phone, or pull it out for the new phone?

bkrgrlmphs

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Me 2 Autmnoel! I luv my iPhone and I also look forward to the new 2G same way with the nano.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I have recently sold my iPhone on Ebay anticipating the new version. Since then I am using a Blackberry Curve which is ok, but not the iPhone. If the new version does not come out in June I will probably go back to the first version. I really miss the features. Even Blackberry does not compare with the iPhone, at least thats my opinion for what its worth:cool:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
too bad. i've convinced myself to keep it for various reasons. Most of which relating to the fact that we really know nothing about the next one yet.

kyle007

Mar 28, 2008
Turkey
Can anybody inform me about AppStore...

As you know,to buy a game-app from AppStore,we must have an iTunes account...

But here in Turkey,there is no service of iTunes,so appstore seems to be useless for me...

But a payment with PayPal would be great,any info about this(PayPal) ?

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Keeping Mine

I have a second line, which I will move my current iPhone to and and upgrade to the new iPhone.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I just sold mine on eBay, so I'm stuck with my butt-trifling Motorola L2 for the time being...:)
The one thing keeping me from selling my phone is data retrieval by the buyer. How do I know the buyer isn't buying them just to retrieve valuable data from the phones? I usually don't scare easily when it comes to risks, but this just seems to easy for purported thieves.