Getting rid of "Flagged Mail"

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I am running the latest version of iOS7 on an iPhone 5 and am having a problem with the mail app. In the Mailboxes screen I have my e-mail in boxes and one item called "Flagged Mail" that I occasionally use to hold Mail I want to be sure to act on when I get to my PC. I deleted the one e-mail that I had in that mailbox but it still shows that I have 2 flagged e-mails. I usually keep all mailboxes clear including the trash as I keep all e-mails on my ISP's server until I download them onto my PC. I have deleted all e-mails on the phone and still cannot get rid of the "2" to the right of the Flagged Mail. Any ideas?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I am running the latest version of iOS7 on an iPhone 5 and am having a problem with the mail app. In the Mailboxes screen I have my e-mail in boxes and one item called "Flagged Mail" that I occasionally use to hold Mail I want to be sure to act on when I get to my PC. I deleted the one e-mail that I had in that mailbox but it still shows that I have 2 flagged e-mails. I usually keep all mailboxes clear including the trash as I keep all e-mails on my ISP's server until I download them onto my PC. I have deleted all e-mails on the phone and still cannot get rid of the "2" to the right of the Flagged Mail. Any ideas?
I Flagged an email, and it did the same way. So I deleted "Flagged" then added it back. Then the one email no longer showed.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I tried that and restarted the phone before putting it back and the "2" was still there. Even tried a Hard Reset to no avail. It's not really an issue only an annoyance that has no real impact on my use of the phone, still irritating though. I did manage to get rid of it a couple months back, when I had the same issue but that involved deleting the e-mail address info from the phone, and doing the above before putting the address info back into the phone. That is not a solution I care to do every time this crops up. Maybe I'll submit it to Apple's feedback site and hope for the best. Thanks anyway, I appreciate the help.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I tried that and restarted the phone before putting it back and the "2" was still there. Even tried a Hard Reset to no avail. It's not really an issue only an annoyance that has no real impact on my use of the phone, still irritating though. I did manage to get rid of it a couple months back, when I had the same issue but that involved deleting the e-mail address info from the phone, and doing the above before putting the address info back into the phone. That is not a solution I care to do every time this crops up. Maybe I'll submit it to Apple's feedback site and hope for the best. Thanks anyway, I appreciate the help.
Did you delete "Flagged", or just the email?

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Deleted the e-mail then the flagged mailbox then deleted the e-mail account that received the e-mail. Deleting the account info from the phone, restarting the phone and putting the account info back into Settings/Mail/Contacts/Calendars/Add Account is what finally straightened it out until now.

Last edited:

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I just found a much easier way to rid the "Flagged Mailbox" of its incorrect listing of the number of flagged e-mails. If the account that the flagged mails were received on is deactivated then re-activated the flagged e-mail number is corrected. I don't know if this will work when multiple accounts are involved but the method worked for my one account.

Ignore the above, the darn things just showed up again. No e-mails just the indication that there are 2 flagged e-mails.

Last edited: