Getting rid of "Flagged Mail"

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iPutz, Nov 28, 2013.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I am running the latest version of iOS7 on an iPhone 5 and am having a problem with the mail app. In the Mailboxes screen I have my e-mail in boxes and one item called "Flagged Mail" that I occasionally use to hold Mail I want to be sure to act on when I get to my PC. I deleted the one e-mail that I had in that mailbox but it still shows that I have 2 flagged e-mails. I usually keep all mailboxes clear including the trash as I keep all e-mails on my ISP's server until I download them onto my PC. I have deleted all e-mails on the phone and still cannot get rid of the "2" to the right of the Flagged Mail. Any ideas?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I Flagged an email, and it did the same way. So I deleted "Flagged" then added it back. Then the one email no longer showed.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I tried that and restarted the phone before putting it back and the "2" was still there. Even tried a Hard Reset to no avail. It's not really an issue only an annoyance that has no real impact on my use of the phone, still irritating though. I did manage to get rid of it a couple months back, when I had the same issue but that involved deleting the e-mail address info from the phone, and doing the above before putting the address info back into the phone. That is not a solution I care to do every time this crops up. Maybe I'll submit it to Apple's feedback site and hope for the best. Thanks anyway, I appreciate the help.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Did you delete "Flagged", or just the email?

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Deleted the e-mail then the flagged mailbox then deleted the e-mail account that received the e-mail. Deleting the account info from the phone, restarting the phone and putting the account info back into Settings/Mail/Contacts/Calendars/Add Account is what finally straightened it out until now.

#5 iPutz, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  6. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I just found a much easier way to rid the "Flagged Mailbox" of its incorrect listing of the number of flagged e-mails. If the account that the flagged mails were received on is deactivated then re-activated the flagged e-mail number is corrected. I don't know if this will work when multiple accounts are involved but the method worked for my one account.

Ignore the above, the darn things just showed up again. No e-mails just the indication that there are 2 flagged e-mails.

#6 iPutz, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013